surgery tomorrow.... What do i pack?

Caligurl99
on 8/11/13 10:30 am

I have surgery bright and early in the morning.  I've packed most everything... what things are must haves????

SHFT_2
on 8/11/13 10:45 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Comfortable loose clothes, good walking shoes, and I didn't touch anything else that I packed... The one thing that of course I needed was pads or tampons and of course day 2 I started spotting. They were able to provide me with some at the hospital luckily. I heard the surgery can jump start it and it sure did.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

2ndChance2k13
on 8/11/13 10:50 am
DS on 07/08/13

Make sure you take some wipes of your own.  They are life savers for a multitude of needs.

I also by the end of Day 2 was dying to get into a regular gown so I was happy that I took some.  If you do, make sure they are lightweight, t-shirt like, with no sleeves so as not to obstruct IV's or cover skin that needs to be seen or used (blood pressure cuff, etc.)

I was completely uninterested in reading, the pain was so terrible but, I was happy thad my Ipad and I-Pod to listen to music or web surf and go to a happy place.

Make sure you have some socks or something for your feet in case they don't have those footies for you because you need to walk repeatedly.

I took but, didn't bother with underwear.  By the time you make it to the bathroom and lower yourself down.  The last thing you want is to have to wrestle with undies.  IMHO

Oh, and a hair clip if it's long enough to be in the way.

Blessings and prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery.  Congratulations!  I'm only a month ahead of you, so we can learn this together!  

Revision to DS from RNY on 7/8/13 - HW 493/SW 483/CW 383

Corbin Y.
on 8/11/13 2:05 pm - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Take a pillow, both for comfort when you are recovering, and to protect your body from jiggling on the ride back from the hospital.  Good luck, and look forward to seeing you on the dark side!

LadyLucky
on 8/11/13 3:07 pm - KS
Here's a post about this same topic. Good luck!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4573812/What-to-take-to-the-hospital/#37907350
Nancy T.
on 8/12/13 6:44 am
DS on 07/16/13

I took a comb and brush, mirror, change of undies for every day -- and used none of them.  I also took my Kindle Fire.  I was not having any pain at all, but wasn't really interested in using it.  I slept and watched tv, or walked around.  Slippers are a must.  Take very loose fitting clothes for your ride home, you will likely be bloated and won't want pressure on your stomach area.  Best wishes to you and your journey ahead!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 624 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 984 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 334 views