Carbs or No Carbs of getting through a stall.....

Caligurl99
on 9/11/13 3:00 am

I've read some people eat carbs and sugars to clean out their body to get through a stall and others say they completely stay away from them to get through a stall.... Any feed back on this?  I am four weeks out and have been at a complete stall for THREE weeks. and ive even had the scale go up a pound or two and then back down. i never dreamed i would be one of the people on this forum that is complaining but i just thought i would be losing at least some at this point and I don't know what other steps to take but wait it out! I even feel like i can get more food in then i should be able to which makes me nervous but i'm going to keep on trucking!  Advice and suggestions would be wonderful! I REALLY want to get to my goal weight!!

MsBatt
on 9/11/13 3:32 am

It's not really a stall until you've gone at least 4 weeks without losing either pounds or inches. I counsel patience.

Member Services
on 9/11/13 3:35 am - Irvine, CA

We are sorry to hear you have hit a wall.  This is normal during weight loss and very frustrating. Try doing the opposite of what you have been doing. Change it up, eating and working out wise! For example, if you have been walking try biking and or swimming.  If you are one that has been eating carbs and sugars try not eating them.  Trick your body and see if that will help.

If you have not called your surgeon's office please do so and they can give you some suggestions as well.

Good luck!  Also, be sure and take your measurements.  There are times the scale may not be moving but the inches are  

jashley
on 9/11/13 4:48 am
DS on 12/19/12

You are just going through the 3 week stall.  All of us have gone through that strange stall early on, and we wonder if we broke the DS or something.  Just relax.  It's your body adjusting from the surgery, getting settled into the weight loss mode, etc.  It lasts from 2 weeks to 6 weeks.  Just keep with your program and the weight will start dropping off again. 

Caligurl99
on 9/11/13 4:56 am

Thank you so much! These positive words help SO much!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views