Struggling with the worst smelling gas and bowels in the world!

mhiggins
on 9/22/13 3:16 pm

Havent posted in forever! Fell off for a while, anyways Im almost 3 years out. Im not really sure what my post op life was life for the first 2+ years since I was on drugs and high most of the time (another story in its self) Anyways, Im constantly farting and the smell is horrific, it really smells like something died inside me, and my bowels are the same.  My stomach bloats to an extreme. 

What the heck is this all about???? I eat way to much sugar and carbs. Almost no protein.  Putting down the dope I crave sugar now. I need help.  This is so embarressing! The gas is holding me back from my boyfriend, my job, all areas. Its so baaad! HELP ME!

Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Irishnurse
on 9/22/13 3:40 pm, edited 9/22/13 3:47 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Please do not take this in a mean way because I mean it with sincerity. Only you can help you in this situation. You eat way to much sugar and carbs. Only way to stop the gas is to stop eating so many sugar and carbs. =) You will have to decide which is more important to you...sugar and carbs or your boyfriend and job. I know it sucks but really the solution is pretty simple. You might try some probiotics too. I wish you luck. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

T Lady
on 9/22/13 3:45 pm, edited 9/22/13 3:46 pm
You've got to decide if sugar and carbs are more important than your quality of LIFE! Your body may also hit the point where you'll start the regain train. I was around 3.5 years out when the free ride stopped and the scale went in the wrong direction. You've got to help yourself here and you already know it's time to go back to basics.

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

mhiggins
on 9/22/13 9:21 pm

I need hellp to stop.

Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

mhiggins
on 9/22/13 9:24 pm

Oh, and I have put on a lot of weight. I needed too put on about 25 lbs but ive put on about 45lbs.  When I was getting high I got sickly thin.  My brain is missing the "moderation" chemical!!! Help

Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

T Lady
on 9/23/13 9:06 am, edited 9/23/13 9:12 am
Try to always have protein snacks on hand to fill up. I've also recently discovered Quest protein bars. They have some delicious options that seem to satisfy my sweet tooth while being made with whey protein isolate and stevia (less likely to cause gas). I'm sorry you are dealing with the addiction of carbs. It is a vicious cycle. When I truly stay low carb, I crave them less, my tummy isn't bloated and painful and those around me appreciate it as well. If you have time, I recommend a book called "Protein Power". It was a huge help for me to reboot my brain and understand how drug-like carbs are to everyone. Also, joining a gym is great first step in the right direction. I hope you can truly get into it! I wish you all the best!

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

mhiggins
on 9/24/13 12:28 am

So Stevia is less likely to cause gas than Splenda? Ill look into quest bars.

Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

T Lady
on 9/24/13 3:21 am
Not necessarily. They are sweetened with Splenda or stevia, depending on the bar. A lot of people are sensitive to sugar alcohols, and these don't seem to have any in the bars I've tried. I love xylitol, for example, but some people get gas from it. So, it's one of those, "ymmv" type of things.

fullhousemom
on 9/22/13 9:48 pm

Drugs, high most of the time, eating sugar and carbs, almost no protein.  Single parent with a (maybe 7) year old daughter?   And you are worried about gas and bowels that smell bad?  I pass no judgement when I say this:  You need more help than can be given here.  This is not a DS issue, but a life issue.  Contact a professional.   Maybe your DS surgeon can refer you to one, or your state Mental Health department.  You will likely lose your boyfriend, your job, your daughter, and your life if you don't.  

mhiggins
on 9/22/13 11:45 pm

Im going to say this without trying to not hurt your feelings. All that other stuff, is MY life so please keep your thoughts/opions/judgements about my child, and what I have done in the past to yourself.  Im here looking for help with my eatting problem (which is what I thought this board was for) I have an entirely different network for my other issues. 

Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1081 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1249 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 511 views