The wait begins

Angie68
on 10/18/13 10:35 am - Economy, IN

Well I have completed all my requirements. Just went to my last 6 month Dr supervised diet appt. YAY! My Drs office should be sending my file any day to insurance. I have UMR for my primary. They do not pay for WLS. IT is excluded. I know a lot of you have had UMR pay but my husbands employer opted to not cover WLS & there is no getting around it. My secondary is Medicare & that is what I am counting on. I am a revision from a lapband to DS. UMR denied the band & Medicare paid it. So here is my thinking. Shouldnt this be a a pretty quick process? I wouldnt think it would take very long at UMR. IT isnt like there is much to review. They should come back with a denial pretty quick. My Dr explained although they know they will deny they still have to go thru the formal process & get the denial. I have always heard that Medicare does not preapprove. So there would be nothing to send to them right? We just hope we have dotted all i's & crossed all t's. So once we get the denial from primary they should go ahead and schedule right?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 345 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 804 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views