how long before all the unbearable pain stops?

MSSEXXC74
on 11/4/13 11:59 pm

How long before I stop hating myself for doing this dumb thing to me.

Irishnurse
on 11/5/13 12:15 am, edited 11/5/13 12:16 am
DS on 04/17/13

Everyone handles pain differently. Some people have really low pain tolerances. I have an extremely high pain tolerance. What actually does hurt me would put most people on the floor in agony. This is due to living with chronic pain my whole life. So I was fine three days out form surgery. I was ready to go home on the third day, dressed myself, walked to the car etc. Although I was sore I was fine. I just took hydrocodone at night to help me sleep once I got home. Other than that I did not take anything at all. So, it really depends on you and your threshold. My son is a baby when it comes to pain, lol.

We all pretty much go through the same thing once we have the surgery...some of us just handle it better than others. It will be over soon and you will forget all about it. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

MSSEXXC74
on 11/5/13 12:30 am

I have had chronic pain for 7 years. Fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, 2 c sections, 13 back surgeries,  Roux and Y open, abdominalplasty. THIS PAIN RIGHT HERE IS A SPECIAL KIND oF PAIN. I wonder is it because my insides were all stuck together and it took 2 hr to cut out all the adhesions? I know Wednesday will be a week at 2 weeks out I'm going to need to feel better and not like I was on the frwy hit by 14 diseals then the put it on reverse and did it again!

Irishnurse
on 11/5/13 1:14 am, edited 11/5/13 1:16 am
DS on 04/17/13

So NOT the normal DS surgery for you! That sucks! I hope you feel better soon. It sucks being miserable and in pain! 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

ajrober2
on 11/5/13 12:18 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

HUGS!

I felt that way at first too!!  I didn't think the pain would ever go away during the first few weeks. You'll wake up one day and realize you feel normal.  Hang in there!

MSSEXXC74
on 11/5/13 12:32 am

Omg few weeks as on 4 or more. Please God say it ain't so!

LupitaChin
on 11/5/13 12:47 am

I can't help you with a timeline - I think that is definitely very different for everyone. My heart does go out to you though - it sounds like you are definitely having a rougher time than I did!! I just remember thinking - when am I going to feel normal again? (also in the back of my mind thinking that I will NEVER feel normal again). I am only 5 weeks out and it is amazing how fantastic I feel. Once my body was able to heal from the trauma of surgery AND get some of the weight off - I didn't feel "normal" I felt better than I have felt in a very long time. My thoughts are prayers are with you that your body will work through this and that before you know it you are on the other side of the pain feeling better than you did before.

Good luck hon!

kathy215
on 11/5/13 1:55 am
Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Did you call your surgeons office? You shouldn't be in so much pain. Please call Asap

Kathy
miranda12503
on 11/5/13 2:47 am

I know when my sister started talking about severe pain after her DS she was rushed in with a leak....  then a blockage.... if you are having severe pain call your Dr... Good luck hun...

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Nancy T.
on 11/5/13 3:05 am
DS on 07/16/13

I agree, if you are really in unbearable pain, you need to be contacting your doctor.  We can all answer some of each others' questions, but you need to contact him/her.  Best wishes on your recovery and I hope you get some help with that pain so you can enjoy this GREAT thing that you've done!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 317 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 780 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views