When is Enough Too Much?

D. Switcher
on 11/12/13 12:06 pm
D. Switcher
on 11/12/13 12:07 pm
D. Switcher
on 11/12/13 12:08 pm

If the other members of the group condone bullying, then there will be a bully culture to that forum. If the Admin tolerates bullies, then there will be a bully culture. If bullying is NOT tolerated by the members or Admin, then there will be no bully culture! 

>>>>"On a public forum, anyone is permitted to post anything they choose."

D. Switcher
on 11/12/13 6:25 pm

FYI. The deleted messages were technical problems and had no content....

Herman
on 11/12/13 8:39 am

So, what you are saying is that I have to walk on eggs with any of my answers to you or anyone that feels fragile or whatever. Even that I can't see how you are feeling behind the computer screen, I should always tailor my answers as if you/they are easily hurt/insulted etc. 
Isn't that kind of asking a bit much of those people that already give their time and effort to those people that don't seem to be able to get it together them self?

See, the problem is, there is always two sides to that coin. Why should we/I always sort of "soften" a reply if a straight forward answer is the one that is the best. 
Don't "read" a tone of a message, because there is none. What you are reading is how YOU perceive something, not how that person wrote it. 

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
D. Switcher
on 11/12/13 9:40 am, edited 11/12/13 10:13 am

Stopping bullying is not walking on eggshells... I suspect you know that already. Civility is never too much to ask, and people are not "weak" if they don't tolerate incivility. Victimizing those who prefer not to flame, and curse, and threaten one another by calling them overly sensitive is inappropriate...

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 12 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 12 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1088 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1264 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 517 views