Indiana St V's Nutrition Class

Angie68
on 1/3/14 12:13 am - Economy, IN

I know this is a few days out & things could change but I can't help but worry. My surgery is scheduled Jan 23 with Dr Inman. My nutrition class is Jan 7th. We are expecting a blizzard on Sunday into Monday with temps as low as 50 below zero. I am really stressing missing this Nut class. I am told it is required for surgery. I have had both hips & a knee replaced & quite frankly fear walking on this crud more than I do driving in it. I am also worried that my car wont start with temps that low. Has anyone not been able to get to their Nut class? Did it postpone surgery? I will gladly mail in the $150 program fee that is required that day. For obvious reasons I want this surgery to take place on the 23rd. Also, my husband has put in for the days off. If he puts them in & doesnt use them his payroll dept has a habit of using his vaca days anyway. They will have it all screwed up!

MajorMom
on 1/3/14 1:01 am - VA

Call and explain what's going on and your fears of falling. Ask if there is any way you could do a phone consult or something else. I wouldn't settle for whoever answers the phone but talk the the dietitian and see if she can offer an alternative. Keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fullhousemom
on 1/3/14 7:31 am
I wouldn't stress out about it. If the weather is bad, perhaps it will get cancelled? If you absolutely can't make it, maybe they can send you the information and you can sign a statement that you've read it. Let them know you are actively reviewing boards/internet to get information. Perhaps they have a video or audio recording?

Might be a reach, but for my work, I call in and get conferenced into meetings when the weather is bad. I don't know if you need videoconferencing, but perhaps audio would be available. On their end, they know when someone is on the line and when they disconnect.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views