ADEK after taste

shiron
on 1/10/14 7:07 am

is it just me or does the ADEK vitamin  have a bad after taste. i have the soft gels and as soon as its on my tonge i can taste it and every time i burp i can and its gross! anyone else have this issue.  if so any suggestions or anyone take tablets of this vitamin??

MajorMom
on 1/10/14 8:54 am - VA

I take them separate and each is a small capsule with dry powder inside. Check out Vitalady.com.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 1/10/14 9:09 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The soft gels distribute the vitamin through oil, that you are malabsorbing by 80%, so you're not getting the full benefit.  You definitely want t dry variety vitamin, with no aftertaste.  You'll get best results getting each vitamin seperately.  The pills are very tiny for even the megadoses.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

shiron
on 1/10/14 10:21 am

thats good too know.  Ill look into buying them seperate....this bottle cost me $40 so im going to try and get them down

hollykim
on 1/10/14 11:08 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

you might try freezing the whole bottle and taking them frozen. It keep the oily yuck tast frozen until  further along the digestive react. This workers for fish oil caps. Too, but yes,you need dry

larra
on 1/11/14 4:03 am - bay area, CA

The biggest problem with ADEKs is not the taste, it's that they're useless for us. They contain the right things but insufficient amounts of any of them - and that's aside from the issue of poor absorption of the gel form. It's dangerous in that you THINK you're doing everything right and taking the vitamins you need, but you aren't.

Get the "dry" forms of A, D, and K form either from Vitalady or from the manufacturer (Vitalady prices are better). They are tasteless, small, and easy to swallow. Make sure you are taking the right doses - for example, you will need 50,000 units dry D daisy, not 5000. Our malabsorption of the fat soluble vitamins is significant, and the doses we need are not what most physicians and nutritionists are accustomed to seeing, so you need to be a well informed patient and know what you need.

Larra

leanonme
on 1/11/14 5:10 am

Are you taking the water miscible Aquadeks? ( they look like a gel capsule) If so, you are probably absorbing them ok. BUT there isn't enough A or D and if you take enough to match those amounts, it will be 1. major expense and 2. too much of the E and K.  I second the Vitalady brand. Hers are Biotech and re-packaged with permission from Biotech.

airbender
on 1/11/14 7:52 am

if you are taking ADEK most likely they are from Axcan Pharmacy, if so they are for DSers (formulated to overcome fat malaborption, as that is what your are made for)  the problem with ADEK, is the proportion of the individual vitamins, it is ok to start out with them but convert over to individual or get a compounding RX to compound it for you, or take Vit D and Vit A injections (Vit K is subq as IM is dangerous)....I would get my vit a, d, k from biotech and vit e just do a search...keep looking and don't get anything that is in an oil base as we can't absorb that, and go by your lab work...good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 739 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1038 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views