"Funny" feeling in Stomach

ashleynicole86
on 1/16/14 3:06 am - SC

I became 4 years post op for my DS on 12/8.  I've also had 2 rounds of plastic - October 2011 & March 2012.  Here lately I've noticed a "funny" feeling in my abdomen to the side of my belly button.  It's not very painful, but doesn't feel normal I guess.  I haven't had any problems out the ordinary when it comes to eating, drinking or using the bathroom.  Has anyone had anything similar?

MajorMom
on 1/16/14 7:06 am - VA

Are you thinking it might be a hernia? 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ashleynicole86
on 1/16/14 8:51 am, edited 1/16/14 8:51 am - SC

I'm not sure. How would I know if it's a hernia? Are there any other symptoms or signs? 

MajorMom
on 1/16/14 9:21 am - VA

Nothing consistent as far as symptoms. Are you going to see your surgeon soon? You're surgeon or your primary doc may be able to tell if you got one coming. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ashleynicole86
on 1/16/14 9:57 am - SC

I don't live near my surgeon so I don't see him. Just have my lab results sent to him. I'll probably give this office a call though and see what they think. If needed, my PCP can do tests for me because she's aware of my surgery and helps me with my labs. Thanks for the advice! Hopefully it's nothing but better to be cautious.

miranda12503
on 1/16/14 9:11 pm

I am not very far out so I have little insight to the DS in the long run BUT I know I get a funny tingling feeling to the right of my belly button.... almost ticklish or twitchy at times.... When I met with my Dr he said it was slight nerve damage and it would most likely feel better over time ...not sure if this is anything like you are feeling...but tossed in my 2 cents

Miranda

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

fullhousemom
on 1/16/14 9:12 pm
If it's a hernia, your PCP will be able to feel it.
ashleynicole86
on 1/22/14 3:05 am - SC

So I called my surgeon's office to speak to the nurse and left a message on Monday. Hadn't heard back from them so I called today and got someone on the phone. He tried to say that he is the only nurse with an answering machine and he didn't have one from me. Ok, whatever.

Well, he turned out to be no hope at all. I explained what I was experiencing and he said "You need to talk to your plastic surgeon about that." I told him it's been almost 2 years since my procedures and he said that I would still need to either see my PCP or plastic surgeon. I was like "Okaaaaay, but how do I know it's not a bowel obstruction or hernia?" He said "what you are explaining doesn't sound like a bowel obstruction." That's all he said. He was absolutely no help at all. I felt like he was trying to rush me off the phone and that I was wasting his time. 

I guess I'll check with my PS to see if they have any advice.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 309 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views