Why is it like pulling teeth?!

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 2/25/14 1:26 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I'm just frustrated with my PCP. I went to get my blood drawn again. I know that they took out over 20 vials last time, so I was expecting the same.

Before I showed up at the lab, I had called my PCP to make sure I would get a COMPLETE lab order. They assured me it was complete and that they would fax it over to the lab. So I stopped my vites for 24 hours and fasted for 12. When I showed up to the lab, they only did enough tests for SEVEN vials. I am so annoyed!

When I got home and compared their lab order with the list I originally gave my doctor, I saw that they missed SEVENTEEN tests! ARGH!!! I just called my PCP's office and they're trying to tell me the lab order was complete! I told them that I have a copy of it in my hands and it is NOT complete. 

Sigh. I don't want to have to go through this song and dance every time I need lab work. Anyway, my rant is over. I'm hoping to get new orders today so I can get the blood drawn next week (I don't want to skip vites or fast again so soon).

Has it been easy for you to train your doctors in ordering the right labs? Or do you find it as frustrating as I do? Haha

Thanks for listening!

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

SHFT_2
on 2/25/14 3:23 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I have my surgeons office order my labs so I don't have too much of an issue. Maybe next time make an appointment to see your PCP and leave with the lab slip in your hand so you know ahead of time it is filled out correct. Or request that your PCP give pre-date one for your next lab draw so you have it months in advance and don't have to worry about it.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

MajorMom
on 2/25/14 6:42 am - VA

Wishing you good luck with the PCP. Mine turned everything over to my surgeon for labs. The PCP is clueless and she said as much about all the nutritional ones we have run.

Give Dr K's office a call and see if they'll send you a script for full labs. Mine just has a standard script for each surgery type and all we do is add our names and change the date. The reports all go back to the surgeon's office and I go in to see the dietitian and we review and tweak vitamins accordingly I hope you can get something resolved to help your labs be routine and not so stressful.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

miranda12503
on 2/25/14 8:59 am

Yep I am feeling your pain.... Just went to mine for my 3 month blood draw and they only ordered 2 vials!!! TWO.... I had to go home call and am waiting to hear back from my Dr to get the right draws..... This was my surgeons office that only ordered TWO!  I am only 3  months out and am already finding this is going to be something I have to watch...

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 2/25/14 11:50 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Thanks, guys! I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. K's office because apparently my PCP does not want to order the rest of my labs! (This is after having a conversation with him three months ago about all the labs I will need in the future. He had no problem then. 

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 416 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 856 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 276 views