Moved out of Twoderville and into Onederland!!!

BReyes1961
on 4/13/14 2:14 am
DS on 12/16/13

Finally I'm out of the 200's YAY!  Last time I was below 200 was back in 1999 when I quit smoking (I gained 100 pounds in 10 months after I quit.)

I'm a little disappointed tho...I only lost 1.8 pounds this week, I was really hoping to hit the 80 pound mark....1.2 pounds to go for that.  Oh well...I'll make it there next week.  I know a loss is a loss and I'm not complaining about it, but I was just hoping for Onederland AND the 80 pound mark.

Susan M.
on 4/13/14 5:07 am

Grats ;). I'm a bit jealous (as always?) that you sound like you lose most weeks.  I know the stairs are normal, but I seem to stay at a weight for 1-3 weeks and then drop 8-15 pounds in one week then stagnate again.

It kind of fills me with more and more doubt and then yay, holy crud, 12 pounds gone in 3 days! And then it stays there again...

Almost at the 4 month mark?

BReyes1961
on 4/13/14 5:38 am
DS on 12/16/13

But it must be an amazing feeling to see such a HUGE loss in a few days!

Susan M.
on 4/13/14 7:30 am

It does! It's also gone super fast too, and I weigh in kg so it's usually around 5-6kg which never sounds as amazing as 11-13 pounds.  It's also about what I lose in the whole month.

I had much more to lose than you 200lb (or more), I started at 170kg (375lb)  and have just hit 129/130kg (285lb), I hit 4 months the day after you and would like to lose 100 pounds before the 6 month mark if I can (if I'm honest, I'd *really* love getting to 240 by 7 months, unrealistic much?) but i'm a little worried it might not happen.

BReyes1961
on 4/13/14 8:39 am
DS on 12/16/13

Just keep doing what you are doing.  Add a bit more exercise or more protein.  It will happen!  I never thought I'd have lost 78 pounds in 4 months, but I did.  I'm so glad I got the DS :-)

Susan M.
on 4/13/14 9:35 am

I think you're right ;). Last week I was finally able to go for walks with the children since the snow finally started melting.  Getting my bike in order so I can start biking to the pool again.  Hopefully it will boost my weight loss again.

how are you doing with your protein?  I've been trying to force 'slurries' down my throat to boost my protein levels but it's hard work not being sick and losing the benefits.  

I know I need to try some more types but I've spent about 600 dollars to try 8 or 9 types and none have gone down well. 

Maybe I need to give up on isolate and try another type of protein...

BReyes1961
on 4/13/14 12:41 pm
DS on 12/16/13

Biking is great exercise! I'm bad about exercising, never liked it and I know I never will enjoy it.  I just told my husband we should take up tennis so we both can get some sort of exercise.  It's been about 30 years since I've played tennis so it will be interesting to say the least!

I try to eat mostly protein. My doctor said 70% protein and 30% vegetables, so I try to stick to that as closely as I can.  I don't (but should) count protein or carbs, but I do pay attention to the amounts.  I really need to actually count them.  What is a "slurrie"?  I tried the protein coffee but it was so thick I gagged on it, so that was the last I tried the isolate.  I guess I should try making a shake or something with it.  I mostly get my protein from cheese (cottage and ricotta cheese are very high in protein.)  Chicken, tuna, fish, beef jerky, beef sticks.  You can get a snack called P3 at Walmart, it's by the lunchables. It's cheese, nuts, and meat, usually chicken, or ham.  It has 13 grams protein.  I bring that to work and have it as a snack if I'm feeling a bit hungry.  It's just enough to take the edge off.

Costco sells a protein shake that has 30 grams of protein called Premier ? I forget the second word, but I do have those on occasion.  My doctor told me not to drink my protein but rather eat it, so I try to get it from my food. I hope you find something you can handle.

Susan M.
on 4/16/14 5:54 am, edited 4/16/14 5:54 am

I also try to stick to protein, although I made the mistake of making myself a 'salad' this week, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and *tons* of feta cheese with some garlic/onion powder olive oil and red wine vinegar.  My mouth is watering thinking about it.  It gave me about 6 hours in the bathroom though.  I think it's the vinegar/brine?, I get the same thing if I eat dill pickles.

What I call a slurrie is my 'all natural' vanilla/stevia isolate powder (the only one i can get down without being ill so far (but still gag severely) - in a concentrate with cream insta coffee and ho****er (25g protein in half a cup of liquid).  It takes 3 chugs to get it down and is foul.  (shudder). 

I tend to eat lean steak or chicken breast, lots of cheese, and mix it up with heavily protein laden chili or spaghetti sauce (home made)...

I've been 'cheating' a lot recently by eating more veggies, sometimes at the cost of protein, which is why i'm trying to force more slurries down my throat.

I recall a quote about echinacea - it's how i feel about protein powder.

"Blech blech blech. Talk about the cure being worse than the disease. If I were to catch an illness that made the taste of echinacea ooze down my throat every thirty minutes, I'd be pounding on the triage counter at the emergency room demanding satisfaction faster than you can say "FDA approval.""

Terri M.
on 4/17/14 2:42 pm - Evansville, IN

Congratulations!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views