Smelly GAS!

LTLPIXY
on 9/7/14 12:49 pm, edited 9/7/14 12:50 pm

Ok, bit of a TMI thing, but I know I've seen posts about this. The last few days my gas has been horrific ... Almost makes me gag! Is it time for a round of antibiotics to get rid of bacteria?? I haven't changed my diet at all, so it's not a food related thing.  BM's are fine, not having diarrhea, but man ... I can clear a room in no time!!! Not a great feeling. Any thoughts from the experts!?

RNY August 2003, revised to DS April 2014.

HW/214  SW/183 CW/135 GW/110

Dr. Ara Keshishian, Glendale CA

S Andrews
on 9/7/14 3:56 pm - eatonville, WA

Try taking a really good probiotic. I find when I use a good probiotic the gas isn't nearly as "smelly." It seems to help restore some of the good gut bacteria. When I don't take it- look out.

Amy W.
on 9/8/14 4:08 am - Buckeye, AZ
Don't get antibiotics right away. They're so hard on your gut/body! Have you tried being gluten-free? Dairy-free? Stopping all fruits and vegetables? Cutting out all sugar? If you take antibiotics you'll also kill all the good bacteria which will leave you with even bigger problems.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Valerie G.
on 9/8/14 7:52 am, edited 9/8/14 7:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Seriously - take a hard look at food. 

Onions, dairy, straight milk, whey, artificial sweeteners (including gum).  All of these, in small amounts or abundance, can cause issues, and some are hit or miss.

When my bacteria is out of whack, I can tell by the smell of the stoool - hard to describe, I just know.  I also experience a LOT of bloating and watery poo.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mrsannie
on 9/9/14 8:31 pm

Oh I feel your pain!  I have found that its usually something that I've eaten, usually some type of sugar or fake sugar.  If you really need some relief you can try Devrom that stops the smell for most people.

Good luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 774 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1061 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views