Painkillers after surgery

elaynemu
on 12/30/14 11:02 pm

Went to Bariatric seminar with my health system. They have a center 30 miles from my house and 1 70 miles from my house. I didn't care and the one further away had a much quicker availability. Had surgery on 12/16 but complications and didn't get out till yesterday. My surgeon gave me a prescription for pain killer and no one will fill it because it is from out of town and is for pain killers. Filled all the others, nausea, antibiotics, etc. Now, this might be a California thing but moral to the story is, no matter how lousy you feel when you are released from the hospital, take the time to fill prescriptions before you head home.

Valerie G.
on 12/30/14 11:22 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Call the center and give them your pharmacy's information so they can submit the prescription from there (they can do so via internet or phone) so the pharmacy knows you're legit.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Shawnern
on 12/31/14 3:27 am - Rochester, MN

Unfortunately since the new laws went in affect two years ago, they can no longer send anything to pharmacy it has to be delivered via hand. This was in effort to shut down pill mills, unfortunately they forgot there are folks that legitimately need it. Do you have a Dr in town? Maybe they will help out. 

Shawn

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 699 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1014 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views