Dr Rodrigueuz Mexico financing

soontobelovely
on 9/25/15 3:01 am - COVINGTON, GA

Has anyone gone through financing with Dr Rodriguez in Mexico?

My credit considered okay maintaining. At least 640 score but far from flawless.

Just wanted to get an idea if anyone was approved with challenging credit issues.

Really depending on this and holding my breathe

Valerie G.
on 9/25/15 5:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've not heard of this doc as a DS surgeon.  You'll want to know who he learned from, and whether he's going to give you a real DS, or one of the new hybrids (SIPS, SADI or Loop DS-all the same thing).  There are plenty of options to get medical procedure credit cards, and while the interest rate will be high, I would think you'll be approved without much of a problem.

Before you book with Rodriguez, I highly recommend you contact Dr. Gilberto Ungson in MX as well as Dr. Jao Marchanesi in Brazil.  Those are the only two I would trust in that region.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

BebeZed
on 9/25/15 6:38 am - Bellingham, WA
On September 25, 2015 at 5:32 AM Pacific Time, Valerie G. wrote:

I've not heard of this doc as a DS surgeon.  You'll want to know who he learned from, and whether he's going to give you a real DS, or one of the new hybrids (SIPS, SADI or Loop DS-all the same thing).  There are plenty of options to get medical procedure credit cards, and while the interest rate will be high, I would think you'll be approved without much of a problem.

Before you book with Rodriguez, I highly recommend you contact Dr. Gilberto Ungson in MX as well as Dr. Jao Marchanesi in Brazil.  Those are the only two I would trust in that region.

Dr Ungson accepted a job with the government of Sonora so he is no longer performing DS surgeries - or any surgery for that matter. The new surgeon is Dr Antonio Esquerra who has been working with Dr Ungson for three years (stats: 500+ DS surgeries, approximately 250 revisions, both as primary surgeon... and more as Ungson's assistant.)  Esquerra has also taken over all of Dr Ungson's private patients. Dr  Esquerra is an unknown factor at this point; while he's trained under Ungson and worked with him, he's not gotten a track record to speak of yet. Someone on another board had her DS done by Dr Esquerra yesterday and I'm scheduled with him for October 3rd so we shall see... 

soontobelovely
on 9/25/15 9:02 am - COVINGTON, GA

Valerie

Do you know of any specific financing companies that will finance a procedure performed in Mexico. The financing that I applied so far is directly with the doctor and his administrative staff.

Valerie G.
on 9/29/15 9:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I don't know of any offhand, but know that many have done so successfully.

Google is your friend.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

larra
on 9/25/15 10:34 am - bay area, CA

I have to echo Valerie's concerns. I've been on this forum about 10 years, and elsewhere as well, and have never heard of any Dr. Ridriguez in Mexico as a DS surgeon. You are barking up the wrong tree. It's not a question of financing, it's a question of the right surgeon for a very specific operation.

Dr. Esquerra is a new name for us but has apparently trained with Dr. Ungson and has considerable DS experience. We'll know more about him soon as a couple people posting here and elsewhere are going to him for their DS. Dr. Marchesini in Brazil has been doing the DS for many years, has a stellar reputation, and is much loved by his patients.

Larra

soontobelovely
on 9/25/15 6:40 pm - COVINGTON, GA

Got it. I will ask more questions. Dr.Rodriquez actually did my VS in 2008 but not sure if he is experienced with DS . I will ask my beliteweight facilitator. 

Thanks much!!!!

larra
on 9/25/15 6:51 pm - bay area, CA

OK, I'm seeing what the real problem is now. You've going through one of those companies that "facilitate" medical tourism. There is absolutely no need to do this, and it's only going to cost you more money. They are just a middle man, in essence, and each time you put another layer of people between you and your surgery, there is another layer that gets paid. My understanding of these companies is that they work with specific doctors in Mexico (or in some cases other countries) and regardless of what YOU want and need, they are going to refer you to one of these surgeons and no other surgeon. Thus you lose your best options.

I have nothing against Dr. Rodriguez. He may be a fine surgeon. I have no way of knowing. but I do know he's not known for doing the DS, and yet this company will be HAPPY to send you to him because they get paid whether he's the best choice for you or not.

I strongly, strongly recommend that you contact the office of Dr. Ungson - whose role has now be taken over by Dr. Esquerra - for yourself. No need to go through any company. Any legitimate surgeon in Mexico who works extensively with patients from the USA and Canada will gladly help you with all arrangements for travel. They will gladly tell you the extent of the susgeon's experience with the DS. And you will probably save money as well.

I am also sending you a pm.

Larra

I

soontobelovely
on 9/26/15 5:11 am - COVINGTON, GA

Thanks Larra. This information is so valuable. I am definitely going to look into other optiony that you suggested. I need to know that I am in good hands and the potentialt to save $$$ is a definite plus.

hollykim
on 9/26/15 7:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I agree with everything Larra has said. I used dr Ungson for my conversion from sleeve to DS 6 months ago and it was a great experience.

the office staff can tell you everything you need to know and help you make the arrangements you need to make.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views