Acid reflux And DS

Katetolov
on 7/10/17 8:20 am

Did anyone have reflux prior to surgery due to the Band or Sleeve? Was there a need to convert to RNY .... or with a virgin DS did you develop reflux

hollykim
on 7/11/17 8:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 10, 2017 at 3:20 PM Pacific Time, Katetolov wrote:

Did anyone have reflux prior to surgery due to the Band or Sleeve? Was there a need to convert to RNY .... or with a virgin DS did you develop reflux

you can develop reflux even with a" virgin DS" since the stomach portion is still a sleeve.

Katetolov
on 7/11/17 1:03 pm

Thank you for the information. ;)

Beam me up Scottie
on 7/11/17 9:47 pm
It seems to be more of an issue with the small sleeves.

With the original DS- I was given a very large sleeve and a very short common channel. I never heard about a reflux issue until I returned to this forum after a few years. The VSG became much more popular in the last several years, and with that so has reflux.

Scott
fluffijo
on 7/12/17 9:01 am

Hi

Me too! I had a DS on June 29th and I am dying with reflux. Even keeping to the post-op diet sheet and minimal intake, I am alternating between starving and feeling though I have swallowed a blow torch.I am living on Aluminium hydroxide and sick of waking up feeling starving.I know my surgeon found a hiatal hernia and there is a 'balloon' above my anastomosis but I had hoped he might have repaired it during the op.Hang in there; I feel really despondent too; hate my hair falling out in clumps and seems to be I felt better immediately pot-op than now, but we'll get there. Nobody undergoes a DS without bravery.

xx

Fluffijo the Burping

Katetolov
on 7/12/17 8:46 pm

I hope things get better for you! And thanks ð?'ª Brave is true ! ?

Katetolov
on 7/12/17 8:47 pm

Sorry the question marks were a mistake

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 298 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 770 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views