Keeping DS to yourself

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/27/18 7:18 pm
I had WLS, and didn't tell anyone but my wife.

My own business is my own.

Scott
Irishnana
on 11/28/18 2:43 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I also chose not to tell almost anyone about my surgery and that was 4 years ago. My husband, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters know and that is it. I have had my doctor tell me I should not keep it a secret because you can get so much support and I should be proud of what I did. Sorry, I don't agree. So many people feel it is o.k. for them to give you their opinion, not even having the surgery. Do what is best for you.

Liz J.
on 11/28/18 6:41 am
DS on 11/29/16

I wish I hadn't told people, I've gotten so much unasked for advise or worse yet people asking me how much I've lost. It's none of their ******g business... You've made it this far without telling anyone, I'd continue to not let anyone know. The advise, comments, question got worse once I was down over 100 pounds.

Now when they ask about my surgery I ask them why they want to know... If I get the "I'm just curious" answer, I start asking them intrusive health related questions. If it's some who I think might be consider surgery I send them here or to bariatricfacts.org and encourage them to do their own research plus that I would answer general questions not personal ones.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Fire_Ice
on 11/30/18 12:43 am
DS on 10/25/17

Thanks for the advice and support everyone - it has helped me a lot!

Sumptin2019
on 1/12/19 9:51 am

This is where I am also. My surgery request just went for authorization to insurance. I've had too much experience with people butting into my health issues as I have Lupus etc. It actually drives me insane with the stories of this person I knows experience and having to "prove" my symptoms and how I feel. So far during my six month journey to get to surgery I've said nothing to nobody, including my kids. I still will not tell the youngest, but I think I'm going to need to tell my 20 year old since I'll obviously need some assistance during surgery and getting home. Once home my story will be that I've had gallbladder surgery which will be true since I'm having it done during surgery. I've been a single mother for 14 years, I suppose I'm accustomed to doing everything independently.
If you wish to keep to yourself and not share then that's your privilege. Nobody has rights to your personal information :)

jlh1957
on 1/24/19 1:42 pm

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you as you begin your journey. Please let us know how you are doing...

janet

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1258 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views