If you lost 100% of your XS wait please share you a story

Plentyofbugs01
on 12/12/20 9:13 am, edited 12/15/20 6:42 am

Hey if you have had a DS and lost 100% of our excess wait what did you do? What was your weight last time I. What advice would you give

Janet P.
on 12/14/20 6:26 am

Not sure I'm following your question so here goes.

I had the DS almost 18 years ago. At surgery I weighed 320 pounds (5'3"). I lost all of my excess weight in just over a year. I weighed and measured all my food and followed the program 150%. I started working out about 3-4 months after surgery (once my surgeon gave me the OK). I lost 5 pounds a week for 5 months (100 pounds). Then I quit smoking so it took me another 5 months to lose the next 50 pounds. Then the last 20-25 pounds took probably another 5-6 months. I had plastic surgery about 2 years after losing all my weight and have kept it off ever since.

This morning when I got on the scale I weighed 149 pounds. I maintain my weight by eating more than 100 grams of protein per day, drink at least a gallon of water a day, and take ALL of my vitamins every day. I take a probiotic and fiber every morning. I balance carbs - I eat a ton to maintain my weight. if I notice the scale creeping up, I cut back on the carbs.

I have battled iron deficiency anemia since the beginning - my last infusion was almost 4 years ago and the numbers are still good. I also have osteoporosis (but I'm also 63 years old) so it's probably a combination of not absorbing calcium and genetics.

Otherwise life is good.

My advice is to follow the guidelines. Eat your protein, avoid carbs (if you're trying to lose weight), drink your water, and exercise.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

DianaReid
on 12/14/20 6:57 am, edited 12/16/20 4:33 pm

Thank you for your interesting story and tips.

Most Active
Long term weight loss
Shotzi · 2 replies · 104 views
DS and medications
nanananner · 2 replies · 78 views