Have anyone Suffered with Iritis of the EYE????

Sunshine16
on 8/16/21 5:38 am

Hi,

I have been having inflammation in my eye. The doctor states its from internal. Have anyone suffered, if so what did you do to heal the inflammation and what was causing the inflammation? I am wondering if its related to something I am taking too much of....

Thank you,

Sunshine

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

hollykim
on 8/16/21 5:45 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 16, 2021 at 12:38 PM Pacific Time, Sunshine16 wrote:

Hi,

I have been having inflammation in my eye. The doctor states its from internal. Have anyone suffered, if so what did you do to heal the inflammation and what was causing the inflammation? I am wondering if its related to something I am taking too much of....

Thank you,

Sunshine

one way to find out if you are taking g too much of something is to have your labs done. How long since your last labs?
it can also have a genetic predisposition. Some medications can cause this. Have you started any news medications?

this answer came from google.

Sunshine16
on 8/16/21 6:47 am

No, but I also take DIM and Vitex. I have been taking them for years. The last blood work was earlier this year and they were fine, but I tend to not get everything because of the insurance plus when I do they usually very normal.

I take my probiotics and sometimes take some for detoxing

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/26/21 11:17 am

you may need to pay cash for the other test that may relate to the eye health.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Janet P.
on 8/18/21 8:04 am

Never heard of it but since your doctor (assume your eye doctor - optometrist) said it was internal, I suggest you contact your primary doctor. You may need some labs run to confirm whether you do have some type of inflammation/infection.

Sorry your insurance doesn't cover all of your labs, but because of the DS IMHO you really should have a full set of labs done once a year (especially since your DS was 11 years ago).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 8/20/21 6:16 am

Thank you!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/26/21 11:13 am

I have rosacea and eating some foods triggers inflammation of my face, left side, that also includes my eye. My retina.

I pretty much can control the face and eye inflammation with a proper diet. Most of the time. When almost anything I eat would trigger the inflammation, I know my SIBO is out of control and I need to deal with that. (very strict diet for a few weeks, or diet plus Rx meds).

I would suggest you get tested for food allergies. Have in mind that if there is food that you eat very seldom, or that you completely eliminated from your diet, then you may get non-reactive on skin scratch test, simply because you avoid that for a long time.

I.e.. during one testing I was found to be really allergic to dairy and almost dangerously allergic to soy. I avoided all dairy and soy, even traces of soy for a couple of years. Then I got retested and the skin scratch test show no reaction to dairy or soy.

Unfortunately, once I introduced both back into my diet, within a short time I started having the same symptoms of allergies to them.

Now I try to avoid them, but i know that as long as I am very careful, getting some by accident is not going kill me or affect me really bad (i.e. I get reaction to whey proteins within hours of me having any, but casein, the main protein in aged cheese, my body tolerates once in a while. )

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sunshine16
on 8/31/21 8:00 am

Thank You White Dove, I am also allergic to Soy and Diary. Since its summer I have been eating more Diary than norm. I have been really enjoy a pint of strawberry Haagan Daz...yum.

However, I really appreciate your input and perhaps need to get my Vitamin A levels checked.

Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views