Sleeve to do a Duodenal Switch revision.

Tanieanie70
on 1/23/23 5:51 pm
VSG on 03/10/13

Hello all. I am waiting for my date this week to have a sleeve revision to duodenal switch. I have a million questions about what to expect and need a mentor. Is there anybody in here who's had the sleeve revision to duodenal switch.

I am much more anxious and scared this time around. Not even sure why.

Tanya

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/24/23 3:50 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hi there,

I haven't had a revision and I'm still in my honeymoon phase, as it were, so I don't have a whole lot of feedback there.

I will say that from everything I've seen, a lot of DS used to be done as a two-part surgery with the intestinal half coming months, or even years later as the patient lost weight.

Hopefully your surgical team is able to help with nerves. I went in with a list of questions and that helped a lot to reduce nerves on my surgery date. Wishing you all the best!

282 at referral, 280 at consult, 249 on 7/15 for SADI surgery

Loss: Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5

Today's weight: 170.8

califsleevin
on 1/25/23 7:54 am - CA

I haven't had a revision, (or as some would call it, a "completion", as you're just taking your sleeve and completing the DS...) though that's something that's always on the table if needed - that "Plan B" is something I discussed with the surgeon going into the VSG, and Dr. Keshishian has discussed it a few times in our support group over the years. My wife has lived with her virgin DS for almost 17 years now, so that has been part of our life for quite a while.

So, not quite your situation, but there is a lot of DS knowledge on this forum, so ask away!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Long limb revision surgery
chinadol262 · 0 replies · 148 views
Vertical Sleeve to DS conversion
zeke · 4 replies · 336 views
Labs after DS
Bobbi679 · 3 replies · 305 views