Please someone to help me..where I start again

cayita63
on 2/23/12 10:55 pm - Ft Lauderdale, FL
what to do..after I am the failuyre Not The RYN, I had read so many post about revision and I see people that do one and then look for another one and after gainning again back ..try to look for another alternative..another surgery...other procedure...Please I need to start and KEEP doing what I am suppose to do...anyone that can help me..I guess I am in a very dark path or  time...Please What to do...how do I do again..to eat healthy, to feel better about myself i was 126 i am almost 170 !!! Gainning everything back..8 years ago in 2004 I had my surgery....
nunini
on 2/24/12 1:37 am - Hollywood, FL
Why don't you come to the support groups at Cleveland Clinic in Weston -- it's not to far from you.  Everyone is welcome, even if you did not have the procedure done there.

The next meetings are on Monday, Feb. 27.  The first meeting starts at 4 p.m.; it deals with emotional issues, and it is lead by the psychologist.   Everyone is very supportive and nonjudgemental, many who attend are trying to get back on track. 

The second meeting is from 5 to 7 p.m. and it's a combination, speaker, audience participation and general free-for-all.  This meeting is lead by the nutritionist and it deals mostly with the nuts-and-bolts of staying faithful to your plan, whatever that may be.  There is no preaching, just a lot of sound advice, and some off-the-wall, funny comments.  Pleople are at different stages, from pre-op to 10 years out, so the discussions are extremely interesting.

Just to be sure, you should call 954-659-5124 Monday morning to confirm that the meetings have not been canceled. 

Hope to see you there.

Johanna !
on 3/8/12 2:17 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

I did this and follow low carb immediately after - really helping with cravings and fullness feelings.
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

Mary Catherine
on 3/11/12 8:51 pm
 Many people regain.  It is not all your fault and not all the fault of the surgery. The surgery gets the weight off, it does not keep it off.

It takes a lot of help.  I go to a 12-step program. I would highly suggest that you start with OA. That will give you the tools and support to deal with the dark place.  Overeaters Anoyomous will welcome you, give you emotional support, and give you tools to find how to deal with the disease of obesity.  It is free and full of help.  

I have a wonderful counselor who is a post RNY patient.  She helps me to deal with the special issues that we face.

I belong to a gym.  I find exercise and activities that keep me active and that I enjoy doing.  I weigh myself every morning.  I have been through regain and have lost the regained weight.  It was very hard and felt like I was starving myself.  It seemed harder to lose weight now than it did before having surgery.

I am at goal weight, but it was not a do it myself program.  Everyday I face challenges and temptations.  Some days I do wonderful.  Somedays I eat the wrong things.  I work on staying out of denial, on taking one day at a time and at trying to restore my self to a serene place.
Most Active