Dreading my 3 1/2 year post op visit to surgeon tomorrow..yikes!

aidenswings
on 12/23/12 11:53 am

I am 3 1/2 years post op rouxenY GB and have gained back most of the weight I lost after surgery. I went to see my surgeon about a year and a half ago, frustrated with weight gain,etc. The surgeon was not sympathetic or understanding and was very flustered suggesting I go back to all shakes no regular food and skip breakfast,etc. I didn't agree with him so I didn't follow his plan. I did try to add more shakes, but at this time I don't drink them. I eat like a person who never had this surgery..ALOT! Big portions such as a full bagel for breakfast or a good sized portion of pasta,etc. I eat sweets, love jelly beans and chocolate!

I have realized that most of my issues are depression based and I am being referred to a new therapist. So, now tomorrow I go to see the surgeon because I realize I have no choice, need labs, and probably a swift kick in the butt! As much as I need the "tough love", I also dread the disspointment. UGH.

I need a total overhaul! My mom has been in and out of the hospital 2 x since the 12th of this month, and is about the same weight as me. She had gallstones and I saw what she went through,etc. I know this is common in obese people.  I now see my mom so uncomfortable about her size while in the hospital after being admitted for an intestinal infection. I know it is just a matter of time I will have a complication from surgery.

Help! I just need some support..someone to understand how i feel emotionally and physically, and not judge me.

Thanks!

Jody ***
on 1/3/13 2:57 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Well - the first step is knowing you need help

The second step is going to the surgeons anyway to have your labs done and get that swift kick in the arse

Seeing your mother having health issues isn't helping you, I'm sure.

Now - you mentioned all the foods that you enjoy - and you know they're not the right foods to eat.  You will have to either get determined to go back to the basics - which is protein first, veggies or continue on your spiral that will end you up where you started in the first place.

Hugs to you and I hope you can do what you need to do to get back on track!  This forum seems a bit dead, so you might want to try the RNY forum to see if anyone there can help.  There are also a few private forums that help people get back on track.

Best to you!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Lori G.
on 1/29/13 8:07 pm - CA

Aloha AS - PM me and maybe I can share some personal experiences I had my own demons.....Don't give up, XOLori

AngelicMythology
on 2/10/13 11:12 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13
I understand your feelings. I had initially skipped my 4yr post op thinking if I could have more time, I could fix it myself. I then when on the dieting rollercoaster. I failed miserably during the following year. I made a 5 yr post op and was expecting the worse. Instead I was greeted with so much support, I was upset with myself that I didn't involve him sooner. Over that following year, we tried different things then he started sending me for tests. Then gave me informative options on what I could do.

Chin up. When you seek help, it's there.

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Joesgirlnj
on 6/14/13 12:34 pm
I recommend Cassandra Jackson she is on Facebook you can find her there
Most Active