1991 Gastric Bypass - New to Site and Struggling

marlin707
on 1/6/13 5:11 pm - Morgan Hill, CA
Hi! Im new to this site i had my surgery 22 years ago and originally lost over 15lbs. I am currently dealing with about a 50lb weight gain from bad food choices and that cursed diet coke that has been my Achilles heel from time to time. I am motivated to deal with this weight gain. My plan is to start on liquids tomorrow and follow the 5 day pouch test diet. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing after that other than high protein and low/no carbs. But for now, I really need to make it through the next five days. Any feedback or experiences would be welcome!!! Thanks for reading!!!
ML
juleskar
on 1/7/13 1:51 pm
Whenever I start to go wonky on my eating plan, I go back to the basics.
Protein forward eating. I get in at least 100 grams of protein a day.
No drinking for at least 30 minutes after eating.
Drink at least 80 oz of water a day.
Never ingest more carbs than protein. I usually get 50 grams of carbs, or less, per day.
Take all vitamins/supplements daily.
Exercise and lift weights. I use a Fitbit One to track how many steps I take and calories burned per day.
I still drink protein shakes to start my day. I use Muscle Milk Light Cafe Latte flavor (yes, it does have caffeine in it) and I also like all 3 flavors of Isopure Smoothies. NOT Isopure Zero Carb (the ones that look like koolade--blech). When I don't start my day with a protein shake, it's like letting the Carb Monster out of its cage and I struggle for the rest of the day.
Good luck!! You're in the right place. Obesity Help is the place I go when struggling and also if I need some new ideas.
Zee Starrlite
on 1/8/13 1:30 am

Good luck!!!  You can do this!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Neuras
on 1/11/13 1:52 pm

HI!  did you mean you lost over 150 lbs!  I really need someone who's in it to talk to.  Let me know...  Good luck on your 5 day test.  Let me know how its going?

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 1/27/13 3:14 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Wow! You really are a veteran!

Thanks for sharing. How did your pouch test go, and how are you doing with your eating experiences?

(I'm nine months out; I lost no weight since month four and recently gained ten pounds. The gain was all my fault, but the no weight loss part wasn't.) 

serenity1959
on 2/18/13 9:37 am
VSG on 08/05/13

What type of surgery did you have? 

Most Active