Discrimination

brham5
on 5/1/13 3:52 am

How do people treat you now that you have had weight loss surgery and lost a lot of weight? I guess discrimination comes to mind --I wonder how you handle the comments.

Doris Cervenka
on 5/1/13 4:32 pm, edited 5/1/13 4:38 pm - Ganado, TX

I guess our reality is so different from a normal persons.  When Your had a high B.M.I. Most Over-weight people know what it like to to be treated like dirt and to be disrespected in life and  at work by co-workers and Bosses alike. Sometimes even by family members get resentful.   I am the same person with the same compassionate, feeling and the same heart and Education. That I had when I 400 pounds. But, , All of sudden.  Because,  I lose weight.  You want to open the door for me.  A Year before you would let the door slam in my face.  All of Sudden people want to look you in the eye and smile at you.  Sales people who would have not given you the time of day.  All of a Sudden,  They rush to help you in the store.  When your not use to it.  It is scary feeling.   You people for *****ally are self and vain.  Trusting people is something.  That I can,t  do. I just don,t trust .  I was so use to people . Kicking me when I was over- weight.  True trust is not something that i give freely.  I see people for who they are on the inside.  I learn that it is nobody,s business about.   How you lost my weight.  Your true friends,  Will always be your true friends.  The rest don,t matter.  If people can,t be happy for you and enjoy your happiest . Then, They are not worth having in your life.  People you work with our no exception.  It is you that give them the power to make you feel bad. Don,t let other  people have that power over you.   Sometimes it easier to tell a complete stranger your story than someone you known all your life or work with.  Compassion is something that over weight people know about.  Your know and feel it in your heart. Having weight loss surgery saved my life and  It made my life better in so many ways.  But, It did not  change.  Who I was on the inside. The Anger and outrage and injustice of this world is just something  your going to learn to live with. You have to learn to forgive people.  I told a lot of people my story. You know who they are.  You  can see it in their eyes.  True Honesty comes  through you can see it a persons eye,s.  That,s the people who I share my weight lose story with.  I let them know that life is not hopeless and That your Life can get better.

Doris Cervenka

Doris Cervenka
on 5/1/13 4:52 pm - Ganado, TX

All that is nessary for the  triumph of Evil is that good men do nothing. "Edmund Burk"

Doris Cervenka

Kara10378
on 6/26/13 2:30 pm - TX
RNY on 06/17/13

I had WLS 21 years ago and told very few people.  Well, that surgery failed and I gained all the weight back.  I just went through a revision last week and have told NO ONE about it, and I don't plan on telling anyone.  I have summers off so when I get back to work and/if people ask me how i've lost the weight I'll just tell them that i've started exercising and changed my eating.  I don't want to have to deal with the comments and stuff.  And its not their business really.   

HW 295, SW 285, GW 150

Most Active