WLS combined with Low Carb might just be the only way...

AngelaLynn11
on 7/12/15 11:09 am

I have been on diets since I was 13 yo.  The most success has come from low carb ways of eating and my lap band.   I was banded in 2007 and began eating this way and cheated some but lost a bunch...about 100 lbs.  This was due to low calorie/limited food.  But, my metabolism caught up with me.  Walking or other exercise was necessary but after getting married and moving to a rural neighborhood, my old way of exercise (walking 3 miles a day) was just not possible.  I gained almost all of it back.  I do believe that my band has kept me from gaining it all back for sure! 

I believe low carb along with WLS is the only ticket out of this cage of morbid obesity.  But, moderate fats or perhaps you can say "not low fat" goes along with it.  No sugar, starch, rice, etc also goes along with it.  So, to continue eating correctly I am lurking and posting on low carb forums.  IMO this IS the way to lose and keep this weight off for life! 

I won't fail the next time! 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Ladytazz
on 7/13/15 9:19 pm

I don't particularly eat low carb but I do stay away from refined carbs like sugar and flour.  I watch the carbs to a point but I don't worry as much about the carbs from natural sources like fruits or vegetables, the complex carbs.

The main thing for me is to make sure I put protein first.  If I get my fill of protein then I don't have a lot of room left for the rest of the meal.  Usually I eat chicken or steak and then eat a few bites of the vegetables.

I also agree that WLS can be a good tool to help us avoid over eating and making bad choices.  WLS may not be perfect but at this time it is the best treatment out there for morbid obesity.

If WLS is only successful 50% of the time, it is a lot better then just diet alone, which has about a 5% success rate of keeping the weight off long term.  But WLS combined with a good diet I am sure has a much higher success rate.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Nahealani
on 8/14/15 11:51 am - vancouver, WA

I gained back so much weight in the last 6 years. Now I am doing the 21 Day fix. Omg it is so easy. You just follow the plan and no more counting calories. It seems like I eat all day and because of my rny I can never finish all my containers.  No I am not a coach and I don't sell anything. In 2 months I lost 23 lbs.  Clean eating is the way to go. I never feel hungry or deprived.

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

MandaTee82
on 10/20/15 9:25 am

what is the 21 day fix?

readytobeme2010
on 10/31/15 4:13 pm - elkton, MD

http://www.daystofitness.com/21-day-fix-eating-plan/

Looks like it's connected to mlm beachbody thingy everywhere I turn someone is trying to get me into that

You can do it on your own follow the concepts, find some sort of exercise we just have no other way ???

I feel your pain and right there with you. PM me for support if you wish. ..a bunch of us just started the fitbit and it's been fun

Most Active