Day 7 of Savella

Tangerine4
on 7/5/11 12:16 am - Rochester, NY
Okay so I started the 2 week titration pack of Savella but a titrating up much slower than the package instructs due to the horrid nausea and insomnia.  I didn't think I was even going to make it past day 3 but I have to say the daytime energy it gives me is astounding....also I can just get up and out of bed in the morning.

I was previously prescribed tramadol, 75 mgs twice daily, and Neurontin 300mgs two times daily and 900 mgs at bedtime.  I am weaning off of these very slowly as I titrate up with the Savella.  My neurologist and the pharmacist did say I could continue to take the Tramadol and the neurontin with the Savella but I am only 40 and do not want all these meds.

I am over 2 1/2 years out of my bypass surgery and continue to lose weight.  I maintain between 110 and 114 lbs.  My pcp just told me to be aware that Neurontin can cause carb cravings and don't give in to it...so I don't!

If anyone has any questions about Savella please email me, my husbands co-worker was the one who spoke to me and encouraged me to give this a try.  Sometimes it's a bit easier to take the jump when you have support.

Jennifer
Jennifer Louise
236/112/goal 125
Hislady
on 7/5/11 6:05 am - Vancouver, WA
That's good to know! It's always helpful to hear what is working for others. I haven't tried savella but have heard good things about it. Right now cymblta is working for me so I'm keeping savella in mind for when or if the cymbalta wears out. I had the same reaction to cymbalta, it was like speed the first few days but did even out after a week or so. Keep us updated on how it continues to work fopr you.
Tangerine4
on 7/5/11 8:25 am - Rochester, NY
Thanks, and I will.  The only thing that scares me is that the package directions do warn against taking this with other SNRI's and yet the docs say it's okay.  My husbands co-worker takes cymbalta and that didn't work as well as she would like and they started her on Savella, which she now calls a "wonder drug" and yet even though the package says not to take with cymbalta, her doc told her it was okay.

I know we are all different but it would be nice if docs could stay on the same page at least regarding the drug contraindications, ya know?

I hope this works for me, that's for sure.
Jennifer Louise
236/112/goal 125
Emma Gayden
on 7/6/11 8:47 am - Columbiana, AL
I have tried all three meds and savella worked the best. I just could not stand the nausea associated with it. I am now on Cymbalta 120 mg. It is not as good as Savella, but it will have to do for now.

"Living my life likes it's golden"

Tangerine4
on 7/7/11 3:53 am - Rochester, NY
Emma, how long did you try before you stopped due to nausea?  I've noticed now that it's getting much better, but I also spread it out farther than the pack said.  If you get a chance please let me know as I'm hoping once I reach the full two weeks the nausea will be gone.

Jennifer
Jennifer Louise
236/112/goal 125
Searl731
on 7/7/11 10:26 am - Fort Stewart, GA
What dosage are you taking of the Savella? It hasn't done anything for me so I just stopped. Maybe my dosage is to low. My fibromyalgia has flared up a lot since my R n Y and losing about 100 lbs. My doctor told me there have been other cases of this but couldn't tell me why. Thanks, Susie
skybluestar64
on 7/28/11 6:29 am - TX
Are you stressed? Getting enough sleep??
Blessed B
on 8/7/11 4:17 am
Hi Jennifer,

I was on Savella for almost a year.  I ended up on the max dose within a few months. Then for some reason, it stopped working. I had very positive results on this medication.  I really hope that this works for you. This condition is so ugly and frustrating.  I can understand that you don't want to be on all these meds. I'm 38 and was up to four different medications at the same time. It really takes a toll on the body.  My doctor put me on Amitriptaline, since he has had positive results with his patients. It helped me tremedously but on the down side, I have gained over 30lbs and have been kicking out kidney stones a few times a month.  I ended up going off the medication (titrated down) after I had a treatment of Chinese Acupuncture. It was the best I had ever felt in 1 1/2 years. But...with stress at work and the extreme weather change here, I had to go back on the stuff.

I wish you the best of luck with your Savella!!
B

Taking one day at a time.

divadruid
on 8/26/11 4:13 pm, edited 8/26/11 4:13 pm - WA
 I have been on Savella for almost 2 weeks now.  My doctor didn't have me titrate into it as I was on over 90 mg of Cymbalta so I just did a crossover. I have found it works better for me than the cymbalta or the Lyrica did.  I haven't had and bouts of nausea and I suffer insomia anyway so I am on pills to make me sleep.

I am also on 1200 mg of Neurotin (Gabapentin).  along with Oxycodone, ametripiline for pain spurs. I am trying to work my pills down, but it's so hard. my pain is yet to be fully under control.  I think this might be the thing I am looking for...

VeraWalker
on 10/13/11 5:40 am - Whiteville, NC
I have been on Savella for a while now and can really tell a difference.  I am now taking 100 mg twice a day, but I feel much better.  So far I have not had any problems with it. I do have to take Lunesta at night.
Vera  LapBand 8/12/2008

Most Active
Recent Topics