First time posting

Debbie H.
on 7/29/11 9:56 pm - Newport News, VA
Do you find that you have less fibo pain in the summer than you do in cold, damp weather? I find that I'm having less pain this summer than before, just problems with the heat being so hot in Virginia.

Debbie Howard

thorpea1976
on 7/30/11 1:42 am, edited 7/30/11 1:45 am - sioux city, IA

I find it really don't matter what the weather is doing. I hurt when the weather changes. When its really humid out i hurt more than when its just plain hot.
  I am afraid of the cold weather that will be coming before long though.
anna

Hislady
on 7/30/11 7:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Yep I'm like Anna I'm in pain 365 days a year temp doesn't matter much with me. So all I can say is enjoy it while you can!Anytime we can get a break is awesome!
divadruid
on 7/30/11 7:20 am - WA
 I have found that the weather does affect my fibro to a point. I have more flares and breakthrough pain when it's cold and damp or when the weather changes. When it's nice and warm they don't act up as much. It was suggested to me if I could, I should move someplace warm and dry so I am trying to get things settled here so I can move to Arizona.

I hope this helps.
Sofia
Debbie H.
on 7/30/11 8:12 pm - Newport News, VA
Thank you everyone for he replys. I'm not pain free just not hurting as bad in the warmer weather.

Debbie Howard

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 1:11 am, edited 8/7/11 3:18 am
 I Live in the Phoenix, Arizona area and I do seem to have flare ups when it is raining or about to rain and when it is humid. Any weather changes seem to set me off into a horrible flare. I hurt most of the time too but it is worse then and I almost die during the summer monsoon season (now). I hope that Arizona ends up being the ideal place for you. I can't imagine living anywhere that has  more humid and more rainy days (like I am originally from Nashville, Tennessee where it rains a pretty good deal and is very humid)..... that would totally KILL me :( 
loretta cowels
on 8/15/11 9:42 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
I have had fibro for years but am still trying to figure out what makes it worse. Ive been on every med you can think of i hurt if its to hot i hurt really bad if its cold and the meds leave me feeling way hot all the time could be the heat to.
Nana1176
on 8/17/11 7:19 am - CA
I find that it doesnt really matter what time of  year for fibromyalgia pain. Now for arthritis (I have spinal arthritis) the cold weather effects this.  With Fibromyalgia, the pain is caused by the nerve ending miss firing, so it is not effected by the weather. If  you  are finding that your pain is worse in cold weather then warm, then you most likely have some type of arthritis on top of the fibromyalgia.  I kept a diary of my pain for many years to document when it was worst, how long it lasted andd when it got better. I thought by documenting what I was doing, the weather etc then it would give me and my Dr an idea of what activated the fibromyalgia. the end result was there is no rhyme or reason as to when, why or how the fibromyalgia became active.  It has its good days and bad days and can go months without any outbursts.  I am now in active stage once again, but I was in remission for about a year.  I felt great then one day woke up with the complete tiredness, pain all over etc once again.   I found that rest, good food (lots of protein) help to some degree but I also am on a medication regimen which has helped over the years.  Talk to your doctor and if they are not too familiar with Fibromyalgia, then see if they can send you to a rheumatologist or neurologist or even a pain doctor.  I right now go to my regular dr and a pain dr and am just starting out with a neurologist.
Good Luck to you
Nancy Godina
Nana 1176
GRDS 2001
Dr Kesheshian

Most Active
Recent Topics