Natural stuff

robinespeland
on 11/8/11 3:40 am - OR
Hi-

I am new to the fibromyalgia part of this website, but a long time member of the lap band site.I recently found out I have fibromyalgia, but have suspected it for several years. My PC wouldn't really talk about it. So I finally broke down and went to a pain clinic, the probem with this is that the pain clinic want 6 grand to treat me, most, if all won't be covered by insurance. Not gonna' happen.

My most troubling symptoms are headache, lots of times dibelitaing migraine headaches, muscle pain and tiredness. I have been taking Cymbalta (which i know is one of the meds they use for pain with fibro) I also take Gabapentin for my headaches wich really only takes the edge off. My dr. did prescribe muscle relaxers for the muscle pain. They make me even more tired.

I was wondering what other people take to help with their symptoms. I would love to know of some natural stuff that works....

Thanks for your help.

Hislady
on 11/8/11 10:37 am - Vancouver, WA
Well what I took was far from natural but it was all that ever worked and that was Imitrex. That was the one good thing about hitting menopause, I stopped having migraines! Hopefully someone else will have something more on the natural line that will help you. Sorry you've had to join us!
Anukis
on 11/9/11 9:44 am - Edmonton, Canada
You may want to go see a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, if you have that option in your area.
I haven't gone myself, but have heard one speak at our fibro meetings, and also know several others with fibro who have gone and they have good things to say.

I try to work on my pacing, use my TENS machine, heat, and any other methods I can come up with to manage the fibro before I use medications as I have too many sensitivities.

There's a lot of good books and websites about fibro.  When my PCP wasn't listening I kept taking info in, and taking it in, and taking it in.  It took a while, but I don't have to struggle to be heard anymore.

Good luck.

loretta cowels
on 11/15/11 2:57 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
topmax if im spelling it right is for migraines it takes a few weeks to get in your system and you only want to take it at night makes you sleepy. also the neorotin your taking will make you tired if you havnt been taking it long and fibro its self just makes you tired. theres alot of diffrent meds out there ive tried allmost all of them and the natral stuff didnt work for me i didnt like being on all these meds but my pain was so bad i didnt have a choice. But i dont have headaches as much anymore use to get the ones that would make me dry heave for days. cymbalta was not good enough for me it didnt seem to help enough. sometimes you just need tofind a good doctor to listen and understand your in real pain changing doctors really helped me i loved my doctor but she never really understood when i go tell her that this hurt and that hurt. i hope you feel better soon Loretta
Most Active
Recent Topics