8 days afer sugery and still cant find anything good to drink help!

aleshia
on 10/1/10 11:24 pm - Darby, PA
Can i get some help/suggestions on what to drink.are we allowed o have special k protein shakes?or does anyone have any very  tasty ideas?THANK YOU
Pollyann F.
on 10/6/10 9:11 am - china grove, NC
Hey..I know it is tough, but hang in there..Have u tried Syntrax Nectar? it is a powder and i know the vitamin shop carries it..you can also request samples from unjury and syntrax..worth a shot...I had a hard time finding what i like but honestly I really liked the syntrax nectar fruit flavors and would mix them with crystal light to add a twist..good luck to you
Polly in NC  "People will for get what you say, they will forget what you do, but they will never forget how you make them feel" Maya Angelou

8 pounds lost pre-op
             Publication1           
aleshia
on 10/10/10 4:36 am - Darby, PA
Thank you so much i will have to try that.because the protein i have seems to taste like saw dust.even though i have never tasted saw dust but i can imagine.it taste like this protein.
Jovanna P.
on 11/3/10 11:44 pm - East Boston, MA
Hi, I hope everything works out for you, I know how difficult it is to get the right amount of protein into your diet...

A friend of mines had RNY about 10 years ago and once I told him that I was going to have it he recomended for me to try the same proteind shakes that he did..they are already premixed they come in an 11 oz can and have a total of 35 grams of protein per serving....I KNOW..THATS GREAT... RIGHT!!!! thats what I said...started taking them before the surgery as a meal substitute and they tasted great....

I dont know were you live but you can actually order them online from the store....!!!

the store is called TRADER JOES  and they have an array of protein and whey powders and bars for consumtion.....these shakes are a true life saver...I hope this helped.
Jovanna P.

huganurse2003
on 11/28/10 8:39 am - Zephyr Cove, NV
Check GNC for protien drinks:)
bornleader79
on 1/1/11 11:19 am - Fort Campbell , KY
The best protein shakes I ever tasted are called "Oh Yeah" shakes...They are gooooood!
sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/11 3:21 am
  GNC has a soy based  high protein called protein 95..I like the chocolate, and also buy the vanilla...I use unsweetened  koolaid and splenda to change the flavor when I get tired of vanilla.  You can make it with water or Milk . When you make up a serving with 8 oz milk, it boosts your liquid and protein up a bit...no small feat when you are fresh post-op.
       Many stress  using Whey protein but I don't tolerate it.... so this is just another option. My advise... find several  you like and  rotate them so you don't get tired of them so fast....These are your food, eat well! YOU ARE WORTH IT!
      .. I already had some lactose intolerance when I had my surgery...it multiplied it...as a result I don't tolerate any lactose...not even the non-dairy creamers...they say   lactose free until you get to the fine print, then say "may contain an insignificant amount of lactose." ... wake up  labelers..If you don't tolerate any lactose, there is no  insignificant amount!..   Watch the carbs in those pre- prepared ones, all are not bad, but some are no good for  protein.suppliment...slim fast was one that worked as an appetite stimulant with me.
sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/11 3:23 am
 also try sugar free hot cocoa with protein powder...  it usually goes down well and is a welcome change....if you tolerate the milk in it....Denise

Most Active