FOBI POUCH REVISION

Melly6950
on 10/25/11 1:23 pm
Revision on 04/25/12
i was told today that after 4 years there is a leakage (which is why im gaining weight back) in my Fobi pouch and i'll need a revision. Is there anyone else that falls into that 5-6% of patients that has had a revision and can tell me how they are doing afterwards?? thnks :)
Lorrainecma
on 10/29/11 5:21 am
Wish I could help, but keep us updated. There are so few ppl that post on this board. I would really love to hear from others who have had Fobi pouch.

I am so sorry that you have a leakage. Hope that it all works out.

Lora

Sheilatholland
on 11/30/11 5:37 am, edited 11/30/11 5:37 am
I had my Fobi Pouch surgery nine years ago and now have a leak.  Also, my ring is enbeded into my pouch/small intestine.  I am in the process of scheduling surgery.  I hope I can afford it. 
Melly6950
on 11/30/11 12:13 pm
Revision on 04/25/12
I am trying to get my insurance to cover this as a 'revision'. The revision is basically the intial surgery done all over again, so i'm really pretty bummed. I should hear back from my insurance by Dec 15. The weight just keeps on creeping back on and it's really depressing. I hope things work out for you too!
quilter.teri
on 1/27/12 11:44 pm - VA
Thank you for your post, I had my surgery done in 1998 by Dr Fobi and have just developed a sharp pain near original drainage incision. I have moved to VA since my surgery and I am in the process of finding a surgeon familiar wih the pouch. I have a gut feel (no pun intended) this is going to bring on a revision for me. I've lost 190# and have kept 150 off. So I am ok with that. Please let us know how you are doing.  
EileenAZatgoal
on 3/30/12 4:40 am - Anthem, AZ
I am glad that you found about about the fistula.  I had the same procedure in 2001 and have been afraid to have anything done,  I have noticed that my stools are thinner though, whhich I hiope is not from a stricure in my intestines.  Did you have the siastic ring repaired.?  Or did you have one to begine with?  I had that put in as it was what my sureon was doing at the time.  He has retired, so I have to find another surgeon who will do a revision.  Not many will, unless they were your original surgeon, I am finding out here in AZ. 
thavier
on 6/4/12 5:33 am
 i had the fobi done in 2004 and in 2010 i have had 7 surgeries and they still cant seem to fix it... did u or any one u know seek court action
/
snowolf50
on 6/20/12 2:41 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I am so glad to finally find this forum most are on the RYN.  I had my Fobi done in 1997 and have had more problems than any of my friends who have had other forms of WLS.  I have lost all of my teeth due to vomiting--just got dentures 3 weeks ago.  I have been in the hospital several times due to dehydration from vomitting and blockages.  In 2005 I had surg. to cut the band as the opening of my stomach had reduced to less than the diameter of a straw now-today I have had another endoscopy and the opening is now less than 2mm.  I have moved from where I had my original surg and surg. here are very leary to touch me.  However they all agree that I need another surg. ASAP.  I am so tired of being sick having transfusion and infusions, vomitting I just want to be healthy and I fear this will never happen.  What kind of surg. have you had and how are you doing?  If you hear of any court action please let me know? 
snowolf50
on 6/20/12 2:45 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
thavier
on 6/26/12 10:45 pm
 how are u doing? i havent heard anything from u and i have a lawyer and am filing court case..........
it is crazy there are lots of us out there i think that we should get together and file a class action suit but not sure how to go about it...........any info would be handy
here is my number call me if u would like 623-204-6369. 
Most Active