not hungry but want to eat real food:(

christi R.
on 10/8/11 8:28 am - OH
 I am 4 days post op and I am on my liquid diet. Thankfully it isn't clear liquids! But I am ready for a hot  meal:( Yesterday, I ate a cup of velvet potato soup and thats what I am having today for dinner. I am just so ready for a plate of food. Even if it is a small plate! 
What the mind believes, the body can achieve
10/04/2011~ The first day of the rest of my life.....

mermaidoz
on 10/9/11 5:28 am - Canada
That definitely sounds like head hunger...you want to eat but are not hungry....You are going to have to fight that head hunger if you want to be successful...

From here on in and for the rest of your life, when you WANT something, ask yourself whether you are HUNGRY.  If the answer is no, go do something that takes your mind off your 'want". Not going to be easy, but that's where people who think we have had WLS and therefore  have chosen the easy way out to losing weight are so completely wrong! It is a lifelong battle, keep fighting! You chose to have surgery to get a "restart" button in life, don't eat around your surgery and regain the weight you are going to lose thanks to your dedication and discipline. Good luck with your weight loss journey and the rest of your life.
Kathy E.
on 10/11/11 2:12 am - Oneida, NY
Congratulations!  Please, please, please stay on the post-op diet the dr gave you.  Your little stomach needs time to heal, and that includes getting all the digestive juices back in synch.  I agree with the other responder said you have to fight that head hunger.  Now is a good time to look at your eating habits and try to change the triggers.  Did you snack while watching tv?  Maybe change where your sitting.  Simple things like that may help. 

Your journey has just started.  This website and the forums are great because there's always someone out that that has experienced the same problems you may be facing and can offer suggestions.  Keep up the great work!
Doris Cervenka
on 10/26/11 3:05 am - Ganado, TX
     I am five months out. I thought I new every thing I needed to no before surgery.  All of it.  the good the bad and the ungly.  No body told me about the emotional hunger.  Or, just because, Somebody else can eat something does mean you can.  Since every person is different.  It took almost three months out before.  I could even think of eating anything solid.  I would just get sick after one or two really small bites.  Still do sometimes.  Emotional hunger is real hunger and feels the same.  Their were  times in the first three months that I  cried because, I was hunger and nothing would go down and,  I thought I had made the worst mistake of my life.  . I would get so sick no matter how much I chewed. but, Realizing the difference between real hunger and emotional hunger is hard.  I hate to say but, To me they felt the same.
       Every once in a while.  I wish could eat a real hamburger or real food without thinking about it.  But, I made the decision to change my life for the better or die ayoung  fat miserible unhappy person.   If I want to lose the weight.  Old choices can't remain the same.  Even some soups made me sick and no chilli. For me any more.  I use to love chilli.  Now' It just makes me sick.  The same with eggs.  Before, I would eat  an egg  every day a egg. I thoughts eggs were going to be a big part of my diet after surgery.  Most dietian think eggs are great for you after surgery.  Now they just make me sick on matter how I cook them.  It,s hard when eggs are considered good protein.  and Good source of protein for  Gastric- by- pass patients.   I can't digest bread either.  So, No burger on a bun for me. 
 I never thought that just getting your medication down and your liquid protein and water would be an all day job. But, It is.  Once you take you pills you have no room for food.  Just know things will start getting  better. Once the weight starts coming off and your able to move around better. 
   I am almost six months since my surgery.  My life has changed for ever. When it comes to what I eat. I lost 135 pounds.  75 pounds since my surgery.  So things will get better.  It you need help don't be afraid to ask for help.
Most Active