PCP Supervised Weight Management Program Diet?

lobr84
on 2/16/14 1:51 am

I have Cigna and they require 3 months of PCP supervised diet and next week I am going for my first month weight in (one month down and two more to go), but I am thinking I am 2 pounds more than when I started. I think it is because I am getting on my period and because I have been very constipated in the past couple of weeks, but who knows and the insurance doesn't care anyway. But my question is about what kind of diet did your PCP put you on? Was there a diet? What did he/she tell you about changing of habits? I was expecting she would talk about nutrition or give me some sort of guidance but all she said was to eat 3 times a day, exercise at least 30 mins 3 times a week, and to carry small snacks with me since I am always on the go and I don't end up eating out or late.

What was your experience with your PCP in your first appointment? Because I felt like a deer in a headlight- no guidance, no direction, no nothing.

Sweetish
on 2/22/14 3:18 am
RNY on 12/12/14

I have BC/BS and I felt that way also when I first visited my PCP.  My surgeon's office provided me with a form that my PCP would complete on each visit.  I think they took the one from Cigna as a matter of fact and retyped it for general use for all patients to have.  Now, for me, I had to work with the surgeon's nutritionist and my PCP both.  My PCP's notes were very vague-kind of like what you had stated....three meals a day, exercise three times a week, etc.  He never wrote anything down specifically, like eat 1,500 calories a day, etc.  I am pretty sure the nutritionists notes were more in depth. My PCP did write down any changes I would have personally within the last month in my notes.  For example, I pulled a muscle in my back and he would write-exercise limited to a total of 4 times a month due to back injury, etc.  Hope this helps!

Most Active