I lost 150 pounds in 16 months!

John T.
on 12/3/08 8:20 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
Hello all!

I know I have not posted lately and dont get in here like i used to.  But i wanted to tell you about my exciting goal achieved.  i lost 150 lbs and am now at 210 pounds!   And i only have two more pounds to go to no longer be in the "OBESE" category.  I will soon be in the "overweight" category.
Take a look, i put a couple of new pics out there!
How did i do it?
1) Follow the band rules!   you know the ones.   If you follow the basic rules you will loose.  some might be slow, some might be fast.   I know i wasnt perfect on this, but i basically followed them
2) excersize - when i was fatter i had all kinds of excuses not to excercise. (arthritus in ankle was my big one).  well  what i find is the more you loose, the more you enjoy getting out and excersize.    you dont have to excersize on things you dont like.   i recently took up salsa!  its a TON of excersize and its a total blast!
3) stop eating when you are full.  you dont know how many times before the band where i would eat just to eat even though i wasnt hungry.   i pay much more attention now to when im full or not.
4) dont graze - i still have problems with this....but if you graze graze on better stuff.  i love to graze on peanuts...its ok, but i can get carried away!
Anyway   just wanted to say hi to everyone....i look out there and there are so many new people that i dont know anymore, and there are some people i do.
feel free to PM me and i will respond!

John T banded 8/29/07  high/surgury/current/goal  =  360/346/187/174  

claireaust
on 12/3/08 8:33 am - Australia
John, Congratulations!

150lbs is such a huge achievement, your photos look amazing, you are unrecognizable!
Congratulations again.
How many cc's do you have in your band?

Claire

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine........       6.6ml in a 10ml band
John T.
on 12/3/08 9:00 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
wow...good question....i used to keep track of how many cc's are in my band and i lost count.  i think i have about 9ccs in my 15cc AP large band.  anymore when i get a fill its real small fills now...like .25ccs only.  it doesnt take much!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 8:35 am
You've done fantastic!
John T.
on 12/3/08 9:02 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
thanks!

Jean M.
on 12/3/08 8:36 am
Revision on 08/16/12
John,

Awesome weight loss, and you look HOT!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

John T.
on 12/3/08 9:03 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
Hi Jean!  i see you still are posting alot.  i need to get back on more often

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 8:51 am - Northern, VA
Lap Band on 09/30/05 with
John, OMG I can't believe that is you, look at you , you are so handsome, you have really worked your band!! Good to see you
John T.
on 12/3/08 9:07 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
Hi Naomi! goog to see you again!  u r lookin hot as always!  i read your profile about your recent surgury. looks like you are doing better now...keep in touch!

silvercb67
on 12/3/08 9:03 am - MN
You look awesome! Congrats!

Most Active