New pics!

discogal
on 12/17/08 4:38 am, edited 12/17/08 4:39 am - Fort Worth, TX

I posted a few new pics of my 5 week old band baby on my profile if anyone is interested.

My refill went great except for the fact that my port is like completely loose now and we pretty much have to do flouro for every fill until I get it fixed. LUCKILY my refill took me exactly back to the sweet spot. That totally shocked me as I expected to have to gradually get back there.

I have a new fitness goal. I'm training for the Fort Worth turkey trot for next Thanksgiving. I decided I needed a goal like that to give me something to work for. If anyone else lives in the DFW area and would like to buddy up for this event ( as far as checking in occassionally via OH and what not) that would be awesome. I walked the 5k turkey trot once before but this time I want to run it! Or at least run like half of it!!! Anyways...just throwing that out there...

Linsey

..*.. BEEEEEEEEEE HEALTHY..*..
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 4:54 am
OMG!!! What a cutie.
discogal
on 12/17/08 5:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Sherr!
Jean M.
on 12/17/08 5:16 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Linsey,

The baby is beautiful, and so are you.

I'm so glad your re-fill got you right back to your sweet spot.  Did she put back the entire amount that she'd taken out when you first got pregnant?  Or what?  I ask because I had a big unfill recently (because my stoma closed up after I swallowed a huge antibiotic capsule - stupid move on my part), got part of the fill put back last week, and will get another fill next week, and I'm hoping next week's fill will get me back to my sweet spot. 

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

discogal
on 12/17/08 5:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Jean!

Well...I was at 4.3cc in my 4cc band when she defilled me. She took out 2cc and I was wide open. She put back in 1.5ccc and it feels just like it did when I was 4.3...but then again I've gained a considerable amnt of weight and my band always loosened with weight loss. I'd get just slightly less ( like.1 or .2 cc) less than what you were at before. Just my opinion because I've always been scared of being way overfilled...I've heard some horror stories.
Sherra O.
on 12/17/08 6:10 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14
Just FYI... beware. I hit my sweet spot twice since having Jake 5mths ago. And both times shortly there after I had to have a slight unfill. Things are jsut very different post pregnancy.:) You look great btw! Just a FYI for ya.

discogal
on 12/17/08 6:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
thanks sherra! that's what worries me because it does seem to be tightening up...I hope, hope ,hope it doesn't!!! my dr is 3 hrs away!
Sherra O.
on 12/17/08 6:17 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

Go VERY VERY Slow. I was at 1.9cc in my 4cc and at my sweet spot this time last year before I got pg. THen Jake arrived and I can't tollerate more than 1.3 or i'm sick. go very slow. Do liquids for awhile if you can and then introduce the mushies, etc. Think the beginning. :)

BTW: Update your signature silly!

discogal
on 12/17/08 6:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
lol i know, i'm actually holding the baby right now! never a free moment!

i'm trying to go slow. my stomach is freakin hurting with hunger and i have a headache. i'm finding that i forget to drink enough...i better go force down some water...
Sherra O.
on 12/17/08 6:22 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14
remember that thirst actually gives our bodies a hungar response and mosto f the time we are really just thirsty. I've eaten like crap this week So i have to get back on track, starting with my water and protein..

Most Active