All those WHO love their bands and their Success Shout out!

cathiec
on 1/13/11 2:39 am - Toms River, NJ
On January 13, 2011 at 9:40 AM Pacific Time, ~~Nana ~. wrote:

You go Cathie...BIG congrats to you and may you have many more years of success with your band!!!

Nana,
 Thanks for the kind words. I hope I continue to have success as of Today I have losr additional 4lbs.
Cathie

MaMa_M
on 1/13/11 1:57 am - MI
I too love my band. I have lost more than half the weight I want to lose in 16 months. I have a few to go but I am getting there. I am off all my blood pressure meds, I am no longer pre-diabetic and I feel great! I can walk up the stairs, shovel the driveway and dance without getting winded. I got to see my two sons get married, I flew on an airplane and had lots of room. Life is GREAT!
MaMa M

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 2:04 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Congrats on your awesome weight loss and more importantly congrats on getting off your blood pressure meds, that a great SV! May you have many many more successful band years!

tracycoder
on 1/13/11 2:01 am
I love my band!  It has changed my life and I mean that in a GOOD way!
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 2:05 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Congrats Tracy you go girl!!!  May you have many many more successful band years!
DeniseB.
on 1/13/11 3:00 am - IN
I love my band.  I am not at goal, but I was 334 lbs before surgery.  I hung out in the 220s for almost a year because I felt so great that weight loss wasn't as pressing.  Now, I'm headed for the under 200 mark!

Denise
340/319/216/155

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 3:16 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Denise, BIG congrats to you!! You have lost way over a person, remember their is no window of opporunity with the band, so this will be your year to reach your personal goals, you have an awesome job, congrats again.
TXStarfish
on 1/13/11 3:19 am, edited 1/13/11 3:20 am - TX
I know that I'm still WAY newbie, but I am loving my band!!!! I know that there are risks and potential complications and I pray that I am one of the lucky ones who won't have to face them. I do feel sympathy for those that chose this surgery only to have it work against them. I started (highest weight) at 402, lost down to  384 before my surgery. As of yesterday, I am down to 343.4!! I still have a very long road ahead of me but, for the first time in twenty years, I feel like I CAN DO THIS!!! My diabetes medication dosage has already been cut in half!!! The lymphedema in my legs has healed and is so much better, and I can already notice how much more energy I have!!!

I am so excited for what is yet to come for me in my journey!!!! And I wish ONLY the best success and health to EVERYONE, no matter what they have faced or what surgery they choose.

Thank you for this positive, celebratory thread!!!!!!!    
Carol 

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 3:24 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Carol congrats on your sugery, do you know that being positive will help you succeed? I was a heavy weight too, 326, there are MANY that have lost their weight that started heavy, start out with small goals, 10 pounds at a time, the smaller you get, the more active you can get and it gets better with time. I am wishing you much success in your journey and don't listen to the nay sayers and  YES YOU AN DO THIS
TXStarfish
on 1/13/11 3:29 am, edited 1/13/11 3:31 am - TX
Thank you so much for the kind, encouraging words! My first goal was to lose 50 pounds by my birthday in mid-February. Then, I hope to lose 100 pounds by my one year bandiversary. My big goal (for now) is to be under 300. Then, Brutus (my band!) and I will sit down for a new round of goal setting!!!! I have 188 as my goal on my ticker thingy below because that is what I weighed when I graduated from pharmacy school almost 21 years ago. I had lost 90 pounds before graduation and was feeling so good! When I make it back to 188, anything beyond that will be gravy, cream cheese frosting, creamy ranch salad dressing and any other goodie you can imagine as something "on top" of it all!!!!!
Carol 

Most Active