All those WHO love their bands and their Success Shout out!

dearmamacita
on 1/13/11 7:26 am
I love my band..I take so much less medication.  After 8 shots of insulin and 2 pills  a day for diabetes I am now down to the 2 pills, and considering going with just half a pill two times a day.  I was still running over 200 at nights with all those shots..and sometimes around 400 at night.  The doctor had not promised me that I would go off shots, as I had been on insulin for so long. It is so nice not to have to travel with all the needles and bottles on insulin.  Other medications have now been stopped.  I love to shop in regular stores and feel good with what I bought.  I love having the 70 lbs. off.  I LOVE MY BAND and would do it again in a heart beat!
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 5:19 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 Wow big congrats to you!!! You've come a long way, it will only get better, I am in perfect health too with my band (thanks god) I take NO medication, I even forget to take my vitamins, I am so happy I chose the band too and I am going on my 6th year, 70 pounds is awesome, I am wishing you much successful and healthy years with your band.
HD Mama
on 1/13/11 6:48 am
Today, I'm friends with my band, LOL.  I'm not naive enough to think that I will always feel this way, but I can hope and pray that I will be lucky and not face any complications...but the band was a good decision for ME (so far).

I've lost around 119 pounds (15 months out) - I'm about 7 pounds to goal...(honestly, I'm a few pounds under my original goal, but I found out that goal still put me in the "overweight" category, so I changed it, LOL)....I've gone from a size 24/26 to a size 6 and I couldn't be happier
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 5:23 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 Congrats HD!! Wow I am jealous size 6, you go girl!!!, I am gonna do the happy dance for you, much continued success to you!!! Regarding complications, just take it one day at a time and  your body will tell you if something is wrong and the good news is, if you NEED to get a small unfill, just do it, you can always get refilled as long as your band does not slip.
spuddzy
on 1/13/11 8:50 am - NY
I'm a newbie 5 wks....LOVE MY BAND...and all the positive, nice people I have met on OH and all the help I've received...I have no use for negative bashers in any field of life...You have it in Religion, Politics. and Surgeries....I've learned to block them out....Good luck to all the successful Banders...

spuddzy

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 5:26 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 Congrats Spuddzy on your surgery!!! You seem to be *****y and have a positive outlook on life and with your band which is a recipe for SUCCESS!!! Those who are optimistic and have great outlook on life seems to do better with weight loss surgery in general, I am wishing you a much successful and uneventful journey with your band YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Norma 1010
on 1/13/11 11:18 am - Pflugerville, TX
 I LOVE MY BAND

NORMA

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 5:27 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 I wish you much success Norma with your band
Lori O.
on 1/13/11 1:51 pm - Canada
I LOVE MY BAND TOO!!!  I feel so lucky.  It's hard work but the band definitely makes it easier.  I already can no longer wear my favourite pants because they fall down - I have more energy - I exercise 4+ times per week, I can walk through the grocery store without my back hurting - I feel lighter on my feet already.  I can't wait to see what the next year will bring!  A friend pointed out that it's like I am no longer carrying around 4 bags of potatoes - Wow when you think of it that way by the time I'm done I will have lost an entire person.  WOOO HOOO

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 5:32 pm - ~Somewhere in~, PA
 Congrats Lori you are on your way to being a successful bandster!!! Yep that is the trade off with the band we have to do a little more UPFRONT work than other surgeries, but in the END it is well worth it and when you get to goal weight, it will be smooth sailing because you should always keep restriction, and if you ever get loose you can always go back to get filled years out. Keep doing what you are doing and you will reap the benefits, you are doing it the right way, of not totally depending on your band, and when you NEED your band years out, it will be there for you, like my band is here for me when I need it most at 6 years out. Good luck
Most Active