HORRIBLE BEDTIME REFLUX

marilynj
on 1/13/11 7:56 am
  Help,, I have terrible  bedtime reflux, i cough & cough loosing sleep. Can anybody tell me if this is the sign of a nicely filled band  Or a little to full band. Sometimes liquid shoots out of my nose & mouth. I use Prilosec to no avail, & also prop myself up on 3 pillows to no avail.
Can anybody help me with this problem? any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. marilyn
Trystelle
on 1/13/11 8:17 am
 This has happened to me too.  It is usually a sign that I have eaten and drank too much or too late.  I had gone a bit astray for a while and now that I am aware of what I am eating before sleep, it has gone away.  Is it acidic? Mine was not, it was like the liquid literally come back up almost intact, almost like a horizontal PB!
Lynn C
on 1/13/11 8:20 am
Please call your doctor, it means you to tight and need a slight unfill. That acid is doing damage to your esophagus so its really important that you call your doc ASAP.

Good luck.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

cheyenne000
on 1/13/11 8:33 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I agree with Lynn you need to call your doctor. You would benefit from a slight unfill. I had reflux 2 times and both were from my band being to tight

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

aliciahegeman
on 1/13/11 9:34 am - Highland, NY
night coughing and reflux...sure sighn of tightness....i would get an unfill ..let your stoma(sp) relax so the swelling goes down and then you can go from there.....maybe you had a bad stuck episode and really made you swell? like she said the acid sitting in your esophugus...baddddd ...im sure if you tell the doc about the reflus they will get you in fast!

grannymedic1
on 1/13/11 9:34 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I agree with Lynn and Cheyenne, call your doctor. Mine counts symptoms like yours as a sign of being too tight. It is not worth the damage you could do if you wait. Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

aliciahegeman
on 1/13/11 9:40 am - Highland, NY
sometime just a drop taken out will make a difference ....u will get relief fast with  the unfill...

Lisaizme
on 1/13/11 10:05 am - TX
Please do call your doctor.  You might be too tight or you might be eating too close to bedtime.  It would be best to be seen to be evaluated.  Not only can you damage your esophagus, you can also cause aspiration pneumonia.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Hislady
on 1/13/11 12:13 pm - Vancouver, WA
I agree with the others this is a sign of being too tight. Don't let this go on as it can cause damage to your body and band Call your doc very soon.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/13/11 1:09 pm - Mexico
If you are not eating food within three hours of going to bed you need an unfill. I have a friend who ... well, the band just isn't for her. With an unfilled band she has the same problems as you. Now she has burned out her sinus cavities with stomach acid and has constant nose bleeds. If you are not eating before going to bed, please get an unfill. Doesn't have to be a total unfill, just a bit.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active