Pandora Bracelet Got A New Charm

OzzieGirl
on 3/28/11 7:59 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
 So, I liked the idea of starting a Pandora bracelet as a way of rewarding myself. I was telling my brother about the idea of getting a "Fatty" bracelet. He looked at me like I had three heads and said, "Why on Earth would you call it a fatty bracelet? It's your skinny bracelet!" Well, he was right. My skinny bracelet just got a fourth charm on Saturday. 42 pounds down in a little over 4 months. Did I tell you how much I love my band????
OzzieGirl             
jennylew
on 3/28/11 8:10 am - Hill AFB, UT
OzzieGirl,

I am looking for something to reward myself with when I reach my 100's. Would you be willing to post a pic of your bracelet for me? I've always wanted to see a pandora bracelet and the ones I've looked up online are so expensive!

Jen-

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
kbagnell
on 3/28/11 11:13 am - Bristol, Canada
Jen,  I have a pandora, started with money left me when my Mum died over a year ago.  The bracelet itself can be as little as about $80 and the cost of charms varies greatly but can be as little as $30.00 or so.  My first charm was a little silver angel, representing my mother.  Really inexpensive but absolutely precious.  If you go to the Pandora site you can build and price your own bracelet and if you choose mostly silver or enamel or murano glass and silver it can be very reasonable.  Once you build a bracelet online you can save it and anyone who wants to purchase a charm for you can go to a Pandora retail outlet and give your name and the store can access the charms you want and sell those.  My husband thinks its the best idea ever as he no longer has to worry what to buy me for any occasion.  You can also buy pandora knockoff charms through a discount site advertized on Facebook but I can't remember the name of the site.  Those charms fit pandora bracelets but are about $15.00 per charm.  Happy shopping!  Regards, Karol
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 8:17 am - Des Moines, IA
You need to take a pic of it and share!  I'm not much of a jewelry person, and have no idea of what a Pandora bracelet looks like.  When I get to goal, I want to get one though.
ren64
on 3/28/11 8:32 am - Mesa, AZ
Such a great idea!  I, too, would like to make that my reward at goal.  What an awesome symbol of success!!
~Tracey    

Highest weight:  328; Banded weight:  303; Goal weight: 180

Wendybrum
on 3/28/11 9:37 am - Oceanside, NY
 I have told many people to get one have bought one for my daughter. I wll eventually get one for myself as a reward. As of yet i haven't given myself anything.
Share which charms you got and why?
\wendy

cathiec
on 3/28/11 9:38 am - Toms River, NJ
I am waiting for my braclet to come in can't wait!!
Cathie

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 10:48 am - San Diego, CA
I love the idea of rewarding yourself for mini-goals...helps things to keep moving positively along the way and gives you someting to look forward to (other than the weight loss!).  My reward was shoes. :)  Congrats on your 40 lbs and forever-growing skinny bracelet.  That's fabulous!
NtheGame
on 3/28/11 11:07 am
I LOVE the idea of building a skinny bracelet.  Pandora beads are a lovely way to commemorate life's milestones.  My daughter started one  for me several years ago, and gave me the "girl" bead when my first granddaughter was born, "gift" bead on her birthday for my gift of life to her, and multiple other beads.  For those of you not familiar w. Pandora, you can start the bracelet with just a few beads, and collect more beads as you go.  Like on special occasions ie: birthday, anniversary, Bandiversary, and different wt. loss goal marks w. the "numbers" beads.  I'm working towards my "50" bead and ultimately, my "100" bead.  The beads come in sterling silver and/or gold. You can mix and match, the glass Murano beads add a beautiful splash of color too.  Go online to Pandora.com to view different styles and various beads.  It's alot of fun to build a bracelet celebrating your life and accomplishments.   
 NtheGame      
OzzieGirl
on 3/28/11 11:20 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
Here is a photo of the bracelet. I already have one with all of the cute charms. This one represents hard work...the charms are silver and gold. I think my 5th charm will be a heart!

OzzieGirl             
Most Active