2 Year Band Anniversary .. Memory Lane Pics Included

Hermosa L
on 3/30/11 2:54 am, edited 3/30/11 2:55 am
It has been two since surgery I'm not going to focus on just weight because it wasn't everything I mean YES it was a big part and I lost a great amount of weight but I gained more than lost pounds.. I gained knowledge, health and friends :)

We aren't perfect beings in anything in life so why expect perfection when it comes to food.. geez.. I have fallen off the wagon.. hell I fallen of the wagon and been run over a few times..Some of you know I lost my dad last year and in the midst I gained 20 pounds.. and to be honest in a short amount of time Thanksgiving to New Years.. I wallowed in sorrow and food.. more so I didn't care what I ate so grazed a lot of chips and cookies and didn't exercise. Then I realized food isn't making me FEEL better and my tight pants are making me FEEL worse. Since then I have lost tons of inches and only 10 pounds of my regain.. my body is just letting it go differently and heck inches are inches as long as I'm a 16 I can care less what the scale reads.

I have been heavy my ENTIRE life... in Jr at my lowest weight I weighed 175 pounds..
I turned to surgery because at 32 my doctor wanted to put me on Diabities medication at 32!!! I knew something had to change long term and call me vain but RNY was never an option because I didn't want to lose my hair. That and the very few people I know that had RNY didn't learn anything I know some people go in with the mindset to change but the people I know didn't and they have gained a decent amount of weight back.. because they just ate less they didn't change what the ate. Which leads me to WHY I choose the band .. I choose the band to change how I approach food.. to change adpot a new lifestyle and of course to lose weight but more so to be healthy.. I wanted to be one of those tree hugging granola people that I thought were sooo healthy.. LOL

I wanted to change as a person.. I didn't want to be the excessive person.. excessive food and drinking and not caring person anymore. AM I that now? NO not 100% but a good 70% and hey it's only been 2 years.. I treated my body like crap for over 10 ten years so I've come along way.. sometimes we all get wrapped up in the scale and I do too but when it not going my way I want to throw in the towel but I need to remember OTHER things that have changed not just the scale. I Lizette Hernandez will get on a spin bike and exercise a SPIN bike and I take spin classes
I Lizette Hernandez am a zumba fanatic
I Lizette Hernandez jog on the treadmill
I Lizette Hernandez can do the elliptical on 11 incline and 8 resistance for a long period of time
ps. my thighs started to get big in loose jeans I didn't want to have She-ra thighs rock solid at this weight so I tone down the resistance.
I Lizette Hernandez can walk into any store and find something to wear that fits it could be the low end of plus size or the high end of misses.. but ANY store not "just" plus size stores
I Lizette Hernandez hold my head up a little more these days
I Lizette Hernandez don't loathe myself anymore

So yes I haven't been the "perfect" lapband person but I have been a pretty good one.. I have contant battles the band is not wrapped around my brain and I have to work on issues with food daily but I'm DUH winning this battle even tho at times it knocks me on my ass!!

Just think when was the last time you as a person lost 50 or 60 pounds and maintained that loss.. I know we all get frustrated because we haven't lost more but usually I lose it then gain it and more.. but to maintain and X amount of pounds for a year that in it's self is a HUGE accomplishment.

Here are a few pictures to see my progress.. two before photos and two in progress photos... the last two photos one is of my pants sizes and the last is me .. the most recent pic of me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

THESE LAST TWO PHOTOS ARE HUGE FOR ME.. MY TIGHT SIZE 26 PANTS I WORE RIGHT BEFORE SUGRERY AND SIZE 16 JEANS FROM ROSS AND LASTLY A RECENT PIC OF ME.. CURLY HAIR AND ALL

blessed_1970
on 3/30/11 3:25 am
WOW!!!YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! IVE LOST OVER 40 POUNDS SINCE NOVEMBER!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHERE IAM NEXT NOVEMBER!!! I LOVE MY BAND!!! YOUR A GREAT INSPIRATION!!! JOYCE
Stephanie M.
on 3/30/11 4:01 am
You, Lizette Hernandez, are such a positive influence on this board...thank you and congratulations on your success!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Hermosa L
on 3/30/11 4:23 am
awww.. what kind words.. thank you
adorkbl
on 3/30/11 4:02 am
AWESOME!!! WOOT WOOT!

Love the comparison of the jeans. Wow. Glad I hung on to an old pair. I will have to try that.

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Hermosa L
on 3/30/11 4:34 am
I was amazed how HEAVY those old jeans were in my hand!
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 4:10 am
sexy *****  The End.  :)

haha.. .no really, I'm so proud of you.  I admire your will power and your dedication.  You are an EXCELLENT Lap Band patient, and there are so many people that could take a page from your book... me included.

love yer face
Hermosa L
on 3/30/11 4:38 am
I love yer face.

I thank this plastic band inside of me for meeting such a great friend.. you inspire me all the time.. I think you don't take enough time to reflect on your successes my friend.

OH world Jac runs... 3 miles on the treadmill at least 3-4 days week!!!! heck I can't do that!
Jean M.
on 3/30/11 4:18 am
Revision on 08/16/12
You look about 20 years younger now. Which would make you way too young to look that good in that pink top in the last photo.

I love the story of your transformation - the inner one as well as the outer one.

But I still hate you for having naturally curly hair!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

80sgurlie
on 3/30/11 4:29 am - IL
You and I are very similar. I admire your candid relevations and being true about your success. 

I needed this today. Thank you.  
Most Active