Pain / Ache at port area.....

Katie T.
on 3/30/11 12:33 pm - IL
What the heck -- I have had pain in the port area for months now -- anyone else ever experience this -- could it possibly be due to a problem with the band?  

Any feedback would be greatly apreciated.  As ALWAYS!

Katie.

MARIA F.
on 3/30/11 1:33 pm - Athens, GA

Maybe an infection? Whatever it is, go get it checked out.

Also if you are still at around 300 after 4 years with the band you might want to check into a revision?!

FormerlyFluffy.com

D. Scott
on 3/31/11 1:15 am
RNY with
Do you get paid to post here Maria? Your signature is an ad and all you do is sit around waiting for your plug.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

MARIA F.
on 3/31/11 8:36 am - Athens, GA
On March 31, 2011 at 8:15 AM Pacific Time, Sarah R. wrote:
Do you get paid to post here Maria? Your signature is an ad and all you do is sit around waiting for your plug.

Sarah do I post any more often than before I started my blog?! Think about it! Also think about how many other OH'ers have "ads" in their signatures! Why don't u go and try to start **** with them too????

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 3/31/11 8:41 am - Athens, GA

Also Sarah.............as far as the OP...........WHY DON'T YOU SUGGEST SOMETHING TO HELP HER?!?!?! Do you really think with her being 300 pounds at 3 1/2 yrs. that the band is helping her?????????? You are so irate with me posting...........TRYING TO HELP HER..........that you would rather attack me.............than give the OP a helpful suggestion!

She has had her band all these years. She is nowhere near goal. She is SMO! What do you wanna do? Give her the pep talk?! Play band cheerleader?! Good luck with that!

You may not like what I say, or that I have a blog, but at the end of the day...........MY conscious is clear!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Stephanie M.
on 4/2/11 7:08 am
BTW she is not SMO, her BMI is 44 ish...she is tall.  Would be great if you would actually read a person's profile so you get the facts straight.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Kate -True Brit
on 3/31/11 9:04 am - UK
Sarah, if you actually check out Maria's blog, she posts lots of both pro and anti-band things and i think she really is just trying to share things she reads. Everything from low carb recipes to articles on wls.  I have been watching her signature change through different banners and they are none of them ads for companies etc. One is about Tom from the Realize forum, one is an magazine article about insurance, one is about wls success tips and so on.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 3/30/11 8:07 pm - UK

Several possibilities.

A sort of pinching feeling - happens to me sometimes, assume it is just the hard port "catching" against soft tissue.

Bruised feeling - banged against something

Ache - result of ab exercises

Real pain, accompanied by hotness and swelling  - serious! See your doc straightaway.

But when in doubt always see yoru doc.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

steelerfan1
on 3/31/11 1:21 am
Hi Katie,

If you are exercising alot you might get tender and sore there.  I do alot of Zumba and that works your stomach area alot and I can get sore there also it scared me when I first had it also I thought oh my gosh not even 2 months out and Im having problems it can be scary when you feel that.

If you are doing that then yes you will feel it .

If not I agree with Kate on what she said, hot, swelling or red marks coming out from where your port is you need to see your doc that could be signs of a infection .

Hope  you find out what is bothering you !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Katie T.
on 3/31/11 9:44 am - IL
FIrst off -- Kate - thank you for true feedback instead of calling me still fat and telling me i need a revision without knowing anything about me.  I am devastated by this woman's comments and frankly - DON'T EVER, EVER CONSIDER POSTING ANYTHING FOR ME AGAIN, BECAUSE YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.  I am not looking for a cheerleader, I am not looking for anyone to be "sensitive" to me.  I have been on this posting board for 4 years and NEVER and I mean never have had anyone be so rude in their post.  I am seeing my dr on April 12th and I don't think the band is the issue -the issue is my poor eating and how WELL I learned to eat around this band.  It can be done, trust me I am walking proof. 

Again, I don't appreciate you or your posts -- maybe others do, but HOW FREAKIN RUDE CAN A PERSON BE.  I thought people would know how to post comments, not be rude like when I was in 3rd grade and someone was making fun of me -- BLASTING MY WEIGHT....OHHHH I AM SO PISSED OFF AT YOU. 
Most Active