not lost weight for sometime

Krista C.
on 4/2/11 5:21 am - Quispamsis, Canada
Jenn, with or without the band, it's a matter of calories in and calories out. Are you writing down what you are eating and drinking and counting the calories? Make sure you are eating ENOUGH as well. Some people don't eat enough calories. I would recommend at least 1200 and if you exercise, definitely more. I lost my weight on about 1600 calories / day on average but was a pretty solid exerciser as well. We are all different.

Don't worry about letting anyone down -- this is being done for YOU - not for others.

If you aren't an exerciser, I would definitely recommend that in addition to tracking your food if you aren't already. With those 2 keys in place, you will definitely be on the weight loss trail again.

Your doctor also isn't there to judge you - he / she is there to HELP you. If you aren't at a proper fill level, get in and get a fill. We need this band to help us and this is not about guilt or how anyone else but WE feel.

kathkeb
on 4/2/11 7:05 am
I would call the surgeon and re-schedule your appointment for next week -- or earliest available.

The band does not work unless it is properly adjusted ---you might need a fill  --- and why wait 3 more months with things as is?

You need to 'suck it up' and go back and ask for help. 

Between now and then, go back to basics -- bandster eating (Jean's book, "Bandwagon" is wonderful) --- no liquid calories, lean/solid protein, fruits/veggies, low-glycemic grains.

Forget what your husband is eating -- not your business ----- focus on you!!!
Kath

jjenn2
on 4/3/11 11:15 am - Lagrange, GA
where do I find this book
Stephanie M.
on 4/4/11 1:22 am
amazon.com has the book or you can email Jean Mc Millan directly or contact her via OH...she is Jean M.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 10:12 am, edited 4/2/11 10:14 am
Have you considered a small fill. I gained about 12lbs. last year. I had just a few drops added to my band. Before that my last fill was 3 years before that. It made all the difference and I lost the weight and kept it off. You cannot "stretch" the band. Why if you are having problems would you hesitate to see your doc? That is their job to help you. That's what they get paid for.
sesmith
on 4/2/11 11:42 am
 J,   6 yrs out and I have lost 55 lbs, about half. I gain a few, then panic and lose them. Well, I decided it was time to get the job done. I hired a personal trainer, and I am in a different zone. Adding work outs has woken my band up, and it refuses to eat as much as I was eating before. It also has been allowing a little breakfast bc the trainer said I have to eat 6 small meals. I am planning my dense proteins, and upping the veggies. I am exhausted and overjoyed at the same time. Don't give up, put a plan together that works for you and makes you happy. As more is learned about the band, losing 50% is looking like a normal amount for many people. Now I want to be in that group that loses all the weight, 
MARIA F.
on 4/2/11 12:35 pm - Athens, GA

In that whole paragraph that you wrote I never once saw anything about restriction. Have you ever had it??? I have found that a lot of bandsters NEVER reach restriction/sweet spot/green zone..............whatever you want to call it. It just does NOT happen for some ppl! Without that it's just like trying to lose weight before you had WLS!

So.............have u ever had it???

FormerlyFluffy.com

pmartin
on 4/2/11 4:23 pm - Raleigh, NC

Remember that the band is only a tool to help you.  I agree with going back to the basics.
I am a weigh and measure person, so go back to doing that....3oz. protein, 1/2 cup of green vegetable, 1/4 cup of a carb vegetable.

And remember to take your time while you eat and dont chew your food so fine, by doing this it is then possible to over eat. 

My husband is supportive and yes it make things a bit easier and lord knows he has eaten things that were tasteless, and recipes that appeared to be good on paper, but were awful.  But since I am the cook, he eats what I prepare.  What he does not like is the cost of the proteini drinks that I order, but he knows that they help me and I would never get all my protein in if it were not for those drinks.

Oh yea, and exercise, If you do these things you will begin to lose again.  Dont give up just because your husband has not joined in.

ula
on 4/3/11 1:08 am, edited 4/3/11 1:11 am
It was my case as well but I didn’t go for my fill  for 2 years Then I change the doctor and start going to Dr Hans Schmidt, M.D. and went every 6 weeks until was very tight ..I lost 40 lb from November 18 2010. Go back to the doctor and get your feel
pam57
on 4/3/11 3:04 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 What seems to be working for me is pretending I have no husband.  This works wonders in many ways, tee...heee.   I have decided that I will make sure that there is food in the house that my husband likes and can cook himself, then I make my own meals separately.  If what I'm making sounds good to my DH then I will make enough for two but I have decided to put myself first for a change.  I know it sounds selfish but sometimes you have to just say WTF, I want to be healthy for me.  Don't feel like you owe anyone any heroic weight loss either.  Just concentrate on you and it will all work out.  Another thing that I did for me was join a really nice gym that is almost like a health spa.  I do the exercises that I like to do and I know I will keep doing.  I don't run on a treadmill, I walk.  I don't crank the resistance way up on the bike, I keep it low and I am realizing that I am getting stronger and am slowly progressing.  I have stopped comparing myself to anyone else.  

One thing I have also noticed on the forums is that with very few exceptions, people who have weight issues are way too giving and supportive of others.  Lets be selfish for awhile and just concentrate on ourselves.

Best of luck, we are all in this together, (oops too supportive)

Pam

Most Active