Liquid Diet Question

veenie73
on 4/17/11 7:02 am - Louisville, KY
Hi everyone!!! 

1. Would it be better to get the broth that is already mixed (Swanson Broth) or the small cubes that you mix with water???

2. Is tuna in the can a lean meat???

I know I probably sound like an IDIOT  , but i know someone on here would know...
THANKS!!

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Stephanie M.
on 4/17/11 7:55 am
I would get the low sodium broth that comes in the box...you can just pour out whatever you need and keep it in the fridge.  If it's not salty enough...add a little bit of salt to taste.
Canned albacore (solid white) in water is lean protein...so is canned chicken and it's a little easier to eat post op than chicken we cook up (tends to be dry)
It's always ok to ask a question...
Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

grannymedic1
on 4/17/11 7:59 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
The broth is simply a preference thing. I liked beef broth or veggie broth. I also fixed Campbells french onion soup and just ate the broth. Much richer. Tuna (water packed) would indeed be lean, as is boneless skinless chicken, or canned chicken.

If you have questions about things that aren't clear to you calling your doctor or nut is always a good thing to do. Don't go by what you read here but by what they say.

It sure is confusing isn't it?

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

veenie73
on 4/18/11 6:41 am - Louisville, KY
THANKS!!!
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Most Active