Airplane seatbelt FITS!!!

jrspriggs
on 4/22/11 7:33 am - MD
Suprer excited!!!!!!!! I just got back from an awesome vaction in Disney World! I got on all the little kid rides (kids are 5 and 3) which I wouldn't have gotten on last summer! I had soooo much fun, BUT by far the best part of the entire trip, is that I didn't have to struggle to get the seat belt on! I have lost 33 pounds and I didn't think it was going to make a difference, but it did! A dream that you wish really will come true :)
Jenny S
Donnamarie
on 4/22/11 8:04 am - NY
That is awesome!! I know those moments of getting on the plane and holding your breath, figuratively and literally, hoping it fits.  Shoot, I obsess weeks before the plane ride.  I feel like I have to compress myself into this little ball of person and press up against the window or the aisle just so I don't have to be embarassed.  Godforbid I end up in the middle seat!!!  I'm hoping that when I go on my cruise a year from now that I won't be obsessing about that at all!

I am glad you had a great time and that NSV was awesome for you!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

marypatf
on 4/22/11 9:24 am
 Oh yes!!  I always used to extend it all the way and have it llllooooowwww and still sometimes it did not fit.. so I just tucked it under and pretended it did... no more of that!!!
Congrats
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

kathkeb
on 4/22/11 1:27 pm
I remember that day ---- congratulations!!!!

One of my biggest NSV's (non-scale victories) is that I can comfortably sit in my seat on an airplane and KNIT ---- I used to be too big to be able to move my arms that much.

This is just the start of so many wonderful experiences for you ---- enjoy every one of them!
Kath

barbara314
on 4/22/11 9:55 pm
 That is soooooooooo great!!!  I can't wait for our next vacation when I can fit in that airplane seat and keep the arm down and not have to take up part of my bf's seat.

Congrats!!!
~ Barbara

jrspriggs
on 4/22/11 10:12 pm - MD
Thanks everyone! I am soooo happy! I can't wait until my next plane trip! I know I will have even more room! It truly has been my biggest victory yet!
Jenny S
mstrip59
on 4/24/11 4:22 am
Singing to the choir! That one one of the lap band goals I set for myself and I was so happy to reach it. That seat belt thing was the most anxiety filled moments that I had and I am so glad I don't have to focus on this anymore when I fly.
Most Active