lapband w/ plication tomorrow!

Lisa H.
on 5/18/11 7:32 am
WLS on 05/19/11
I'm so filled with so many emotions right now. It's hard being at home alone today.7am tomorrow may never come. What did you do on the night before your banding?

Mel is losing it
on 5/18/11 7:50 am - Lakeport, CA
how exciting, i've wondered about the plication version! I think the night before I watched True Life on MTV and one guy had the Lap-Band and had lost like 200 pounds! It was awesome to see how much he lost but I freaked out a bit. :) By the next day I was so zoned that I almost forgot I was having surgery! Definitely don't do a "last meal" splurge, just keep yourself focused on all the positives and where you will be one year from now! :D

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

Lisa O.
on 5/18/11 7:55 am - Snoqualmie, WA
It's totatlly normal to be stressed and anxious but you're going to be fine!  Just try to rest and make sure you have everything you will need.  Are you spending a night in the hospital? 

When you get home, I highly recommend spending the first night or two in a recliner if you have one.  Otherwise, prop up some pillows in bed so you will be half reclining.  It's hard getting up from a lying position for the first cople of nights, especially if you don't have someone to give you a hand up!  If you sleep on your side, don't try it until day 3 or if you must, prop a pillow under your belly so it doesn't hang down and pull when you're on your side.

Don't be a hero.  Take the pain meds they give you so you can rest.  You want to stay AHEAD of the pain because it will take you a while to catch up if you wait.  I did pain meds at night only for 3 nights and then it was extra strength tylenol for the rest or the time.  However, I didn't have plication so that may be more painful?  

Tomorrow is a great day, the first of your new life!  There is freedom from obesity.  You do your part and the band will be your best tool for success!

You're in my prayers for a easy, breezy surgery and recovery!

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

mommynurse75
on 5/18/11 8:20 am
I had mine last Wed. I have kids and they kept me busy the night before. Try and get a goods night sleep tonight. Good luck tomorrow. It is very exciting but I was still scared and I think that is totally normal. I am doing great and I am sure you will too!! Congratulations!!

grannymedic1
on 5/18/11 8:25 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I will be praying for you tomorrow. It will go great. Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

barbara314
on 5/18/11 8:43 am
 I did a lot of writing / journaling.  If you haven't already done so, this is a great time to start documenting your story.  It is really great to read all the entries and how far you'll see you've come.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow.  How exciting!!!
~ Barbara

veenie73
on 5/18/11 8:43 am - Louisville, KY
Had mine last Tues. and I was going to the bathroom. lol!!! But anyway, I just relaxed after I got everything ready for the hospital. Talked to my girls about what was going to go on over the next couple of days. I  did have a lil anxiety, but I knew that was normal.
You are going to do GREAT tomorrow. Congrats on the surgery and starting the journey to a new you. See you on the Loser's Bench.

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

MARIA F.
on 5/18/11 8:57 am - Athens, GA

I'm not very familiar with the combo procedure. What do they say is the advantage of combining the two???

FormerlyFluffy.com

Lisa H.
on 5/18/11 9:51 am, edited 5/18/11 10:04 am
WLS on 05/19/11
Hi Maria

One of the main reasons I opted for band over plication is the success its had where than 100 lbs is to be lost. I will (hopefully) have fast initial weight loss with the plication and when I starring to approach the dreaded plateau my band will start to filled to help me over the hump and aide me to continue to shed weight.

Thanks everyone!

MARIA F.
on 5/18/11 2:45 pm - Athens, GA

Thanks for the reply. Just one more question. So with the band over plication, when do they generally start doing fills?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active