biggest hurdle??

Jshivery
on 5/31/11 10:45 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Hello everyone.  i was wondering since having your band, what is the biggest hurdle you face?  Mine are:
1. Eating slow
2. Eating to much, because I eat to fast.

Other then that I feel pretty good about my band.  I am sitting here after eating supper, a portion that I THOUGHT was good enough and I'm so damn full...I have done that like 3-4 times.  Some if it too is this 90% humidity..Holy Moly its bad here!!  So tomorrow, I'm measuring it out and making sure I eat s-l-o-w-l-y.  I find it very hard, I get bored eating, then I don't get my calorie/protein in, LMAO!  I don't wanna Fk up my band. 

What are your biggest obstacles? 

eclectikat
on 5/31/11 10:56 am - Canada
on a changing basis, my biggest hurdle is that I am lazy, and lack motivation. Both of these on an emotional physical and spiritual basis. I get motivated and lose it so easlily, im ready to move.. and give up when the pain even twinges... I HATE how lazy i am.... phew... i feel better thanks!
Lisa O.
on 5/31/11 11:07 am - Snoqualmie, WA
It took me a while to wrap my head around the idea that 1/2 cup of food is enough.  My brain just kept fighting my stomach.  With some practice, (an a lot of stuck experiences from over-filling my pouch), I learned that 1/2 cup fills me up and is ENOUGH!

Currently, regular exercise is my biggest hurdle to overcome.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

coachgrrl
on 5/31/11 11:32 am
 Pretty much the same as Lisa.  My brain REALLY wants to eat more...bandzilla says no.

Sometimes I still eat either a little too much or take too big of a bite.

Jshivery
on 5/31/11 11:39 am
Revision on 03/10/16
I must not have very good restriction, because my band doesn't say "no" ever.  Its just I feel full if I over do it, but I don't know I over do it till its too late and I feel like I'm gonna explode.  I am hoping that if I slow down eating it will "show" me I need to stop.....I don't know, I hope!!! 

Lisaizme
on 5/31/11 12:10 pm - TX
Are you measuring your foods? 

We were told 3 oz of protein (sometimes I'll get 4oz..  depends on what it is and how active I've been) and 1/2 cup of veggies.

I use a digital scale and weigh my meat.

My struggle is with salty crackers like saltines or ritz or cheezeits.. and with wanting more cause it still tastes good, but my upper stomach is definitely full.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

steelerfan1
on 5/31/11 1:29 pm
Mine would have to be the week before my period. I'm not a sweets eater at all 90% of the time I can keep any sweet there is in my house and camper and not touch it. That week though nothing satisfies me and I can eat all the time . I ate two cookies tonight and I never eat cookies. I struggle really bad for a week or so not fun at all.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

vlp1968
on 5/31/11 7:14 pm
My biggest hurdle was starting to excersise. Boy, I had to really make myself go to the gym. The fact I was paying 37 dollars a month was a motivator. But now it's become a matter of habit. I also added doing weights with a trainer a few times a week.
The other difficult thing is eating slowly, especially when I am really hungry. Still working on that one.
Tricia W.
on 5/31/11 11:24 pm
For me it's eating at all at times. I am horrible at skipping meals and replacing with crap snacks and drinks because I am working and in a hurry all the time and don't want to get things stuck. This is part of my goals to overcome though making the RIGHT choice regardless of convenience.
GnortenJones
on 6/1/11 1:07 am
Mine is dealing with cravings, which are usually the result of stress and/or boredom.  I have a horrible sweat tooth, and most of the foods that made me fat, and I crave, are slider foods.

When I investigated WLS, and the band, I had hoped it might help with this, but to paraphrase Dr. Simpson's wonderful article on how the band works, the band wraps around your stomach, not your brain.
Most Active