Weight Lost ???

veenie73
on 6/5/11 11:47 am - Louisville, KY
Hey everyone!!
Im 4 weeks post-op and I have only lost 6lbs. I have lost a total of 30lbs but the day of surgery I was 266 and now Im just 259 or 262 it depends on the day. I thought I was doing soo good on the liquids. Did that for 4wks (2wks before surgery and 2wks after). Then I went on mushy food. All I ate was cream of wheat for breakfast or a protein shake. For lunch maybe a protein shake or baked fish (2oz) thats all I could eat. For dinner I would eat fish, or canned chicken. All I drink is water or crystal light. I don't know whats going on. At first I thought it was water wt because of my cycle, but NOOOO!!! Im still here.

I don't know what to feel right now. I disappointed in myself. I don't want to even start eating real food. I think its going to make me gain. I know this sounds just freakin crazy, but thats how I feel. I walk 1 mile aday. Thats all I can do right now, because of my pain in my neck. But Im truly BLESSED to be able to do that. Just a couple of months ago, walking a mile wouldn't of happened. I don't know, maybe Im just a lil off today.
My hubby has lost 60lbs and he has stalled as well. He is going back to work tomorrow and will start the gym, so I know he will get back on track.
UGH!!!! I JUST FEEL LIKE SCREAMING!!!
I want to get down to 250 when I goto my post-op on the 13th of June. So I have a week to lose 9lbs. This should already be gone. This is depressing...
Thanks for letting me VENT. I needed to really get this off me today.

LYNN
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

steelerfan1
on 6/5/11 12:03 pm

You need to realize you just had surgery and you are on the stage that is pretty much carb heaven and you probably wont lose weight.

I gained almost 7 pounds from week 2 to weeks 5 .   I didnt start to lose weight till I got back on solids and then I dropped the seven pounds and some then.

Also you need to realize you are going to stall on weight loss .  I have went as long as six weeks not losing a single pound and some of the girls on here has went months and months not losing weight.

And I'm not trying to sound mean here but for you to put your goal at losing 9 pounds for your first appointment and doing it in a week  you are setting yourself up right there for a huge disappointment.  Yes , it could happen but the odds of it happening are less then likely .

All my doc requires every month is 5-8 pounds per month and he is extremely happy . 

Try to go easy on yourself I know its hard been there done that, but the weight will come off.   I just stalled for almost 3 weeks and all of a sudden I have dropped almost 6 six pounds in two weeks.

See it will catch up all in due time.

Just remember we didn't put this weight on overnight and its not going to come off over night either :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 1:07 pm - San Diego, CA
I know it sounds opposite of what you think, but if you aren't eating enough calories, your body goes into "starvation mode" and your metabolism actually slows down - causing a stall or even a possible gain.  Your body wants to hang on to every last nutrient, carb, calorie, fat gram, etc.

If your doctor's plan allows it at this time, I would definitely start to move on to solids.  Protein first - not things like cream of wheat which are carbs that don't keep you full for long.  Aim for 1000 - 1200 calories per day and hopefully that will kick start your weight loss again. Keep an eye on the daily thread I post where everyone logs their full daily menus.  You can compare by dates of surgery who is close to you and get ideas on what to eat.  Or, just ask me anytime.  I'm always here to help.

I know its frustrating but the band takes a lot of patience and you don't even have your first fill yet.  Hang in there...you can do this Veenie!!! I promise. :)

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 1:33 pm - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
Hang in there Veenie!!! I know this sounds weird but I stopped losing once I went on the full liquids before and now after surgery. It is true that our bodies need enough calories and protein to lose weight.

In my literature it says I am in the healing phase. The liquids are for the stomach not to have to work so hard, not necessarily weight loss but don't forget YOU DID LOSE SOME WEIGHT YAY!!!!

Venting is very healthy. I had a boo hoo cry baby moment yesterday.

It will come off, at least that is what everyone on OH tell me. HUGS!

MurphysMom
on 6/5/11 1:43 pm - CA
Lynn--
Please try not to be discouraged.  The same thing happened to me.  The two weeks of mushies I didn't lose one stinking pound!  I started on solids and lost 2 pounds right away.  Hang in there.  It will happen.  And don't feel bad about venting.  I did too on here, and everyone is so helpful.  I was afraid that I was going to fail again like on every other diet.  But it does finally start to come off.
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
veenie73
on 6/6/11 1:54 am - Louisville, KY

Thanks Ladies!!
I really needed that. the 9lb wt lost, I know it won't happen. But I do feel alot better now. This morning I started eat solid food and the I had my morning walk. It was really nice. I had egg beaters with a lil low fat cheese and 2 turkey sausage links. That was very good, I was full. So Im taking everyones advice and just take my time. Not worry so much. This wt lost is just soo NEW for me. In the past it was always these different diets and wt lost then wt gain. When you loose wt and it stays off, you expect it to continue. Im still trying to figure out what to eat and starting to try different healthy solid food that I can tolerate. I know it will be alright, just got too frustrated. Now I need to stay off the D%$N scale. I put it in the basement. We will see how that does.LOL!!!
Well thanks again for all the GOOD ADVICE.

LYNN

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

steelerfan1
on 6/6/11 2:12 am
I bet that breakfast was the best meal lol. When I had my first solid meal I thought I had died and done to heaven lol.

The scale is the hardest . I became obsessed with the darn thing and that can be bad for you also. I try to weigh in once a week now but it's hard lol

I'm glad you are feeling better . Eat three healthy meals exercise and drink your water it will come off

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

veenie73
on 6/6/11 9:49 am - Louisville, KY
Yes, breakfast was just AWESOME!!! I know right, that crazy scale.
THANKS!!! Thats my plan...

Lynn
deevan
on 6/6/11 6:44 am - Brooklyn, NY
 I have to agree with most everyone else. You need to chill and as long as you're eating properly and getting your 30 minutes of exercise a day you will lose.

I am losing slowly myself and can get discouraged sometimes. I was banded Aug. 2010 and I have lost close to 50 lbs which is great but I was hoping for more.  What keeps me going is trying on clothes that I couldn't wear for a few years and feeling more confident about myself and looking forward to when I meet my goals.

I had the flu last month and could only eat about a cup of soup and drink water all day after a week of that I just knew I had lost weight....NO!!!  I gained a pound. The next week when I went back to my regular eating I lost 5 lbs. Our bodies are tricky and I'm still trying to learn mine with this tool.

You will lose as soon as you start taking in good healthy , band friendly meals. Protein first!!

Off topic:  I am going to stick to this side of the board I made the mistake of going on the main message board and I cannot believe how many band haters frequent this site. I understand that some have had legitimate problems with their bands but I also know people that have had great success with their bands and those are the examples I want to emulate. You would think that having complications with any of the other WLS is unheard of.  A couple seem to be on a crusade . 
veenie73
on 6/6/11 9:36 am - Louisville, KY

Thanks for posting this and I just love the advice. Im getting in the protein. I have learned so much about food. This is one of the best decisions I have ever made getting the band.

I know what you mean about the main board. I just ignore them. Everybody is different with the WLS. I used to always have something to say when they start knocking the band on this forum. But I stop doing that, you know stooping to their level. I even blocked one person. I had to. She was really getting on my nerves. I understand everyone has an their own opinion.  But I Welcome You.

Thanks Again
LYNN

Most Active