Please Help! Very Nervous :(

dads_girl_32180
on 6/5/11 12:43 pm
I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and was having some major right side pain right around my gallbladder that started 2 months ago. We did gallbladder ultrasound and there are no stones but can't do a HIDA scan because of the pregnancy.  In the last month, it has moved to directly over my scar at the bottom of my sternum where my band is in place and on the left side under my breast. This pain is absolutely unbearable and Tylenol doesn't even help it at all. I've tried a heating pad and I've tried ice and still no relieve. I described the pain to my OB and my Lap Band Dr as like you have taken a torch at a million decreases and just keep jabbing in that area. Feels like my insides are absolutely on fire. I do not have any heartburn or reflux either. It's not a sharp gas like pain. It's a constant burning and throbbing pain like it's in knots or something!  Everything I eat or drink, doesn't matter what it is, absolutely burns me alive! I can't even stand to wear my bra or a shirt for that matter because just the slightest touch to that area will double me over. My Band Dr said he is going to scope me this coming Saturday, June 11th, and check for an erosion or slippage but when I look online about symptoms, I can't find symptoms for either one except weight gain. This pain is super super intense! Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them? He said where I'm pointing at is directly over my band/stomach area. I'm going to be more scared if they don't find out what's going on than if they do because this is really bad!  Please help if you have any suggestions! I am just trying to prepare myself. I'm actually going to call them in the morning to see if they have a cancellation list just to see if someone cancels and maybe they can get me in sooner. I'm afraid this is going to put me in preterm labor if something isn't figured out soon.  Just getting really nervous not having an idea of what could be going on inside of me :(
MurphysMom
on 6/5/11 1:34 pm - CA
Do you think a trip to the ER might be wise?
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
Nic M
on 6/5/11 2:42 pm
It sounds like what I experienced. I had pain from my left shoulder down to my mid-abdomen. In my case, it turned out that the band had caused my stomach to twist into a Figure 8 and my intestines to kink.  The pressure on the nerves in my diaphragm referred the pain to other areas of my body. And NO medications would even touch the pain. Nothing helped but band removal.

I also had gallstones while pregnant and it caused the severe pain on the right side, so you might be experiencing gallbladder symptoms as well as band complications. It sounds almost like you are being double whammied and for that I'm really sorry! I hope you can get an answer soon and rid yourself of the pain. I really feel for you.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

psychomom
on 6/5/11 9:33 pm - China Grove, NC
I think gallbladder pain is usually a right side thing, I had mine out like 12 years ago and it was a radiating pain on the right side . Under the rib cage radiating to the back

Most Active