dang it

stoutts
on 6/7/11 12:04 pm
stuck at 240. I've had the Lap Band for over a year. I've lost 30 lbs. I walk every single day, at least 40 minutes. I'm not sucking down burgers, I'm not eating candy bars. The only thing I need to drop is about 16 oz of sweet tea per day. No other sweet drinks. For the love of pete...I don't even use mayo or salad dressing. I've been stuck even since my last fill. Does anyone have any ideas or advice or anything? I'd like to drop another 60-70 lbs and I'm going nowhere fast.  Thanks for any help at all.
steelerfan1
on 6/7/11 1:05 pm
It might be your exercise your body is use to it and now you need to do something more. Me personally just walking does nothing for me. I have to do cardio if Don't then I lose no weight. It don't matter how well I eat

Also are you keeping your calories to low? I can't lose weight if I go below 1000
a day. I jump my calories around every day so my body don't get use to it.
Some days I eat 1000 and the next day I go up to 1300 or as high 1500 especially when I do my two Zumba classes on Wednesday

These are just some of my tricks

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Mahana
on 6/8/11 6:18 pm - AZ
Yes this is so true. everytime I have dieted I have counted calories. My husband Lost 80lbs in a matter of months with diet, excersize and calorie counting...HOWEVER...he plateaued. upon referencing his food journal I found out he was under his recommended 1800 calories..once he bumped up to 2,000- 2400calories...he lost 4 lbs that week! (mind you he does an hour of intense cardio and an hour of weight training 6 days a week...)
watch ur calories, and track them on a daily basis...see where ur at on a week to week basis. and DEFiNATLEY DITCH THE SWEET TEA! is it the McDonald's Sweet tea?? I used to drink 4 a day when I was pregnant and it landed me with gestational diabetes..  grrrr...
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
Lisaizme
on 6/7/11 1:12 pm - TX
You are right, ditch the sweet tea.  You can get crystal light which is pretty darn good.  Or if you can't take the artificial, either go cold turkey off the sweet tea, or wean yourself off by making your own and gradually reducing the amount of sugar.

While walking is good, it may not be enough anymore.  You may need to increase time, distance, intensity (speed or pace you walk at) or all 3. 

Take a look at the Couch to 5 K program (www.c25k.com) to see an idea of how to increase the intensity of your walk.  Even if you can't run (or don't want to run).. you could use the c25k idea to walk very very fast for a few minutes and then slower for a while.

The Leslie Sansome "Walk at Home" programs are said to be very good, you might check one of those out from the library and see if they're helpful to you.  

If you're not journaling your food, you may want to for a few days.  You might be taking in more calories than you realize.  I use livestrong.com/thedailyplate, but others use fitday.com or fatsecret.com or caloriecount.about.com.. or even pen & paper.  Just keep a very honest journal for a while to see where you might be slipping in calories that you don't realize.

Also, if you're not already doing this, start taking your measurements every month.  Sometimes we are reshaping instead of dropping pounds.  I know I got really discouraged about a year ago and taking monthly measurements has kept me going.  :)
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

vlp1968
on 6/7/11 9:31 pm
I swear by a low carb/low fat/high protien diet. When I was loosing I usually had eggs for breakfast, and lean meat and veggies for lunch and dinner. I have one snack of 1/4 c nuts and 2 cheese sticks. Try really hard to cut out the sweet tea, it is loaded with sugar and calories. Good luck!
stoutts
on 6/7/11 11:55 pm
thanks all!  I am drinking all of my water-love Crystal Light. I m ake it work using two Crystal Lights and one WalMart brand per gallon of water. I typically do eggs or lean meat for breakfast. Not a cereal fan. Just a little discouraged. Thanks for the good ideas and for the encouragement.
steelerfan1
on 6/8/11 12:33 am
I was never a Crystal Light drinker it was always way to sweet for me , but Walmarts Great Value Cherry Limeade oh my gosh that is so good . I drink a gallon of that every day now lol.

It's the only one I really like . I tried the Strawberry one and it was just to fruity .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

Tarris
on 6/8/11 1:34 am
OMG Walmart Cherry Limeaid is great!

And to the OP, I too recommend dumping the sweet tea.  You're probably taking in 300-400 extra calories in those two drink a day.  And maybe just do something different for exercise.  Instead of walking, try the C25K program.  The first week of the program is very doable for non runners and it may just give you the little umph you need to start your engine again.  Best of luck!

steelerfan1
on 6/8/11 3:56 am
LMAO Tarris  Im so addicted to that stuff now !!! I am drinking it like I did my Pepsi but heck of alot better for me .

I go through a gallon of it a day .  Im just about out got one more container left will have to make a trip to Wally World very soon lol.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

LittleMissSunshine
on 6/8/11 8:00 am
Keep your carbs under 30g/day... use a journaling tool like myfitnesspal.com to log everything that passes your lips: food, drinks, gum, hard candies, everything.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Most Active