first time for everything!!!

Jshivery
on 6/17/11 1:16 pm
Revision on 03/10/16
Tonight, after supper my hubby and I went for a walk...Well guess what, I ran!!  Me, I ran!!!!  Now don't get me wrong, it was from this mailbox to that mailbox and this tree to that tree!  But hell, I ran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that is one of my goals is to run, I would love to run a 5k.  I figure if I can start working up to it, then eventually I will be able to get it done!  I love it!!  Im exhausted, but I feel wonderful!!!!

Lisaizme
on 6/17/11 1:39 pm - TX
YEAH!!!  I understand the accomplishment!

I was working on getting to the point I could run a 5K, run the whole way, not walk & run it....but have put my training on the sideline while I do bootcamp.

Take a look at www.c25k.com  (I was doing the treadmill program.. but taking 2 or 3 weeks for each week.. increasing very slowly.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

J J.
on 6/17/11 2:42 pm - Longmont, CO

Keep it up! (the runner's "high" is great! )

vlp1968
on 6/17/11 5:18 pm
excellent! You will find you can go a little further each time. Keep it up!
lvmy2grls
on 6/17/11 9:32 pm - NC
Congrats!!! That is a huge accomplishment.
Tarris
on 6/17/11 10:48 pm
Congrats!  I second the couch 2 5k program.  It is a really nice way to ease into running!

Evelyn M.
on 6/17/11 11:54 pm - United Kingdom
wow, that is absolutely awesome!!! keep it up, very well done!
Roll on weight loss!

Jshivery
on 6/18/11 12:15 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Thanks everyone!   I can't wait to do it again tonight!  I'm worried (trying to think ahead) about the rain and winter...I don't have a treadmill, I have 5 people in my family, so no place to put on.   I guess, I will just need to get a rain coat and winter sweatpants.  I am trying to plan so I don't fail and I will know what I need to do when those occasions arise. 

Thank you again everyone, I noticed I was up a pound this morning, but I only at maybe 600 calories yesterday....no breakfast or lunch....I wasn't hungry at breakfast and I had planned to eat lunch, until I found and bit into a piece of shrimp in my chicken w/ garlic sauce...(I'm allergic to shellfish)...So I threw it out and wasn't feeling well...I had pizza for supper and later on a pc of strawberry shortcake (Made w/ splenda) and was DELISH! 

Eh, I don't care because that wonderful feeling from lastnight, I know that I did great! 

Sorry to keep going on, but my hubby, as sweet as he is, doesn't understand all that "goes on" in my head, but everyone here knows, because we have all been in this together! 

Have a wonderful day everyone and happy exercising!!

Lin_2
on 6/18/11 9:00 am
Way to go!

Jshivery
on 6/18/11 1:56 pm
Revision on 03/10/16
thanks everyone!! 

I went out again tonight and managed to run just a couple of more steps then lastnight. 

my legs are sore, so I will take off tomorrow, but cant wait for future journeys!!!

Most Active