Fiber?????

debbie H.
on 7/4/11 5:54 am - AR
I'm looking for a tastless fiber that I can add to coffee.  The one I got at the health and nutrition store did not disolve well.  It was all natural but wanted to get gummy.  I wanted to get one that didn't add, shall we say, any unoleasant side effects (i.e. gas) and I was hoping to find a tried and true from someone on OH.  Lisa Beezee told me to increase fiber and it will help with weight loss, when I was at a stall, and she was right. Any suggestions???

Lisaizme
on 7/4/11 6:53 am - TX
LisaBeeZee gets something called fiber sprinkles (i think)  from netrition.com
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

got2wantit
on 7/4/11 7:35 am
Increasing fiber is very important when we increase our protein. My Dr. Told me to use a product like Miralax or Puralas everyday. Most every drug store has it's one generic product that they sell. May take a few days to kick in, but just keep taking it to prevent constipation. It disolves well and is tasteless, does not thicken like the old stuff compared with the old stuff Metamucil. Besy of luck ti you.
Got2want it - Lena        
healthyonmyway
on 7/4/11 7:36 am - FL
I use the fiber sprinkles that Lisa uses but it doesn't dissolve so I only use it in my protein shakes. I am anxious to see replies....I would like one that dissolves too.

4/10/11 Start weight 250; 5/25/11 Surgery weight 237.50        
katieem
on 7/4/11 7:48 am - Central Coast, CA
I use Benefiber but haven't tried it in coffee.  I also use the chewables sometimes.

Katie
Bette B.
on 7/4/11 8:53 am
 MIRALAX! You can put it in, literally, ANY beverage: hot, cold, soup, salty, sweet, even plain old water. It dissolves COMPLETELY in less than a minute and has no taste or texture at all!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Jean M.
on 7/4/11 11:04 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I used Benefiber chewable tablets for a year or so...kind of big, but I nibbled at them and they tasted like mildly fruity candy, but...they made absolutely no difference to my digestion and elilmination (that I could tell).

Now I sneak veggies & fruits into my meals wherever possible. If I can't eat raw apple and celery, I peel and chop them and add them to chicken salad. If I can't eat raw carrot and zucchini, I grate them and add them to meatloaf. And so on and so forth. My food tastes great and my digestive system says, "Thanks!"

And don't forget that whole grains have lots of fiber and taste good too. I love barley, bulgur, quinoa, brown rice, etc. I can't eat a lot of them, but they're more satisfying (and interesting) than a little Benefiber tablet.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

debbie H.
on 7/4/11 11:33 am - AR
Thanks for the input.  I really do eat veggies, but I eat sooo much protein, my 1/4 cup of veggies is not much. But about all I can get in after the protein.  I chew some gummie fiber too, so I guess it's just an issue for me.  I will definately try the Miralax.  Thanks again!  ~ Debbie ~

Mags W.
on 7/5/11 10:30 am, edited 7/5/11 10:31 am
 After having a friend hospitalised for diverticulitis, I've been watching my fiber in a serious way.  I bought benefiber, but have been too chicken to try it (I HATE grit and don't want to trigger the gag reflex..).  My surgeon's NP gave me the approval to replace veg with potato a couple times a week in one meal, and I'm trying to eat more cereal for breakfast, instead of my usual cottage cheese.

Also, one crazy-fun thing I've learned is using fiber one cereal to bread and bake onion rings.  yum-o!

Most Active