Thinking of removing my band and I'm scred

pixiecring
on 7/20/11 2:08 am
I was wondering has anyone ever thought of removing your band? I am thinking I want to. I have ha some many problems with mine everytime I got my band good I would get sick and start throwing up so they would take fluid out so I have had a ruff time at it and then I got super sick and started throwing up off and on for six months so they thought I had a slip and now I have no fluid. And with no fluid I have stomach problems and heartburn. So I was wondering everyone thoughts. I'm scared and would love some input thanks
Zee Starrlite
on 7/20/11 2:21 am, edited 7/20/11 4:14 am
What tests have your doctors run?  UGI?  Barium swallow?  What?  Tests are the only way to find out a true diagnosis.  Be easy on your esophagus and stomach. Do a liquids and/or very soft food diet for a couple of days and see what happens - all while you are waiting to have some tests done.

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

vlp1968
on 7/20/11 2:29 am
Sounds like even with no fill you are having problems.  I agree with the above post that some testing is in order.  You need to know exactly where your at before you can make a decision.  Good luck and keep us posted on how your doing.
Phyllis C.
on 7/20/11 2:43 am
Go to your surgeon.  It definitly sounds like you are having problems that need to be checked out.  There are other surgeries you can revise to that may be better suited for you if your band has to come out.

Don't be afraid, just take action now.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

pixiecring
on 7/22/11 9:39 am
thats the problem im on vacation out of town and dont get back til sunday night i plan to go monday im just scared now
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 1:36 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
It's painful and unpleasant, but I don't think you need to be scared. Just stick to liquids right now and see your surgeon ASAP or you can go into the local ER and they can do some testing to make sure your band hasn't slipped.
Most Active